cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to buy a Pebble Steel watch in your stores

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there. Went into the O2 store yesterday wanting to buy the new Pebble Steel smartwatch. I went and asked if they stocked them. Yes sir came the reply i`ll just get you one now. The assistant came straight back with two boxes. Can I see one I asked. Oh no sorry sir, we can`t take them out of the box! But I want to see what it looks like I replied. We can show you the Pebble Watch ( Plastic one ) but we can`t open the box to show you the Pebble Steel. At which point I said Thank You and walked out. The point I am making here is, if I want to buy a phone, its out of the box and shown to me. I think you should review this policy. You lost a sale and I will be looking elsewhere in future.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

I'm sure @Toby (Member of O2 staff) will pass your comments on......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the forum.

Their issue would have been not wanting to break the seal on the box. Because if you decided not to complete on the sale the issue is not many people would accept one with a voided seal.

I had the same reply when I wanted to buy a phone ,and one was not on the display stand.

I had to buy it before being able to opening it to take a look.
Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
I think the point is that a working demo model should be available to view.....?
Of course they OP could always purchase the watch and return it under the cooling off period if not wanted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 21

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Marty,

I shall pass on your thoughts to the team.

Thanks Bandofbrothers and MI5 for your views on this.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Thanks Toby slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Always a pleasure @Toby

And good luck to the OP. 😄
Message 7 of 21

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi martynbeer,

I'm about to send you a PM slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 21

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

No doubt Toby is proposing a solution, but to be honest would any of you buy anything from a shop, showroom etc without inspecting it first.....sometimes even trying it on to make sure it's exactly what you want ?

The security seal aspect is irrelevant.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

No doubt Toby is proposing a solution, but to be honest would any of you buy anything from a shop, showroom etc without inspecting it first.....sometimes even trying it on to make sure it's exactly what you want ?

The security seal aspect is irrelevant.

Tough one this. I suppose it depends on whether you are another buyer coming along and proposing to buy something and are unhappy because the seal has been broken.... (because the first person didnt want the watch after seeing it).....Catch 22 I think...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 21