Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try the tech

Jdderby96
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've recently returned to o2. Happy to be back last time I was here there was a try the tech scheme going on. I got involved and I did reviews and stuff just wondering if it is still going on. @

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jdderby96 Not sure if it is but maybe the community admin can answer that @EmilieT @Marjo @Martin-O2

Message 2 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jdderby96 Haven't heard of that scheme being around for some time. I will tag our admin to see if they have any info. @Martin-O2@EmilieT@Marjo@Chris_K

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I read somewhere the scheme had been discontinued?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes , Try The Tech has finished unfortunately.

It was a great scheme and allowed us to become more aware of a phones capability and how to set them up, giving us more experience on the community to advise and the reviews were helpful.

I would think it very difficult to track the devices and very time consuming for the admin. Maybe it will be re-introduced at some point in the future, only admin can answer that.

Message 5 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I heard that more than a few were never returned. Shame really that a good initiative was destroyed by greed of some.
Message 6 of 13

Jdderby96
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's a shame. I enjoyed doing that before not just phones but other stuff aswell. Hopefully one day they bring it back but only to old reviewers who returned the stuff and loyal o2 customers
Message 7 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Jdderby96! Happy New Year! Nice to see you back and lovely to hear that you enjoyed Try the Tech. slight_smile As mentioned above it hasn't been active for a while, but if it's reintroduced at any point this year, we'll surely let you know! slight_smile

If we ever did relaunch TTT, I'm curious what kinds of devices would you enjoy trying out, @Jdderby96 and everyone else? What was the best thing you liked about the activity?

Message 8 of 13

Jdderby96
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think under advertised devices like honor 10 Sony xz premium or similar.
Bluetooth headsets as the world is getting rid of headphone Jack's on phones
Things like that.
Bluetooth speakers and smart watches also they don't get the attention they deserve.
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I heard that more than a few were never returned. Shame really that a good initiative was destroyed by greed of some.

That is absolutely shocking and disgraceful. I did think at the time that this is likely to happen. There's no escaping human mentality and they have no idea of honesty! 

Message 10 of 13