cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally fed up..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Back in October I purchased a SE W760i and changed from pay and go to simplicity. After having the phone for two days at the most it started switching off so I took it back to the o2 store and they exchanged it free of charge. Again, the phone started to do the same thing but this time it was out of the 14 day refund period so they changed the sim card. Again, over new year it was doing the same so they sent my phone off for repair. Once again, I got it back after a while was doing the same thing again so they sent off the phone and I was given a new phone of the same model. Needless to say it was again doing the same thing so o2 agreed to give me a re-conditioned phone. I wasn't happy but agreed to it, now I have the re-conditioned phone and after just one day it was AGAIN doing the same thing.
What on earth do you recommend I do next? Ring up customer service and see what they offer me?
I'd be greatful of any advice
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
This seems to be a common problem. Take a look at the reviews. Ask if you can try another model.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
whenever a phone switches off or freezes etc on you. this is to do with the software on the mobile phone. now mobile phone companies like sony ericsson and nokia and the rest of them, always provide free of charge software updates which is available from the relevant manufacture website. however what people tend to do is, not check to see if new software is available, which should fix the problem, your experincing, but instead complain o2, but the store should also advice you to update the software. so to fix your issue, i suggest you go onto the sony ericsson website and see if new software is available and update it on your mobile, but back up everything you have on your mobile to your computer before doing this
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
i understand what you're saying but this is going to be the fourth phone it's doing it on.. surely they can't all have a software problem?
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
the answer would be yes. they would all have software problems. no handset is out on the market that will be fault free. your best option as i recommended is to do a free of charge software update from the sony ericsson website.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok thank you
Message 6 of 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Please let us know if the update solves your problem.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry just seen your reply. The problem hasn't happened since that day I wrote that and I didn't have to update so so far so good slight_smile
Message 8 of 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Excellent. Thanks for coming back to let us know.

Message 9 of 9