Did you mean: 

Tips to make the most of your mobile data

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a lovely day! Smiley Happy

We often see questions on the community related to managing your mobile data usage. See below some tips on what kind of things you can try in case you tend to run out of data on your phone. 

Please do add in the comments if you have any additional tips to share with the community or just want to discuss what you normally do to manage your data allowance - we'd love to hear about it and add your tips to the list too! Smiley Happy

6 tips to managing your mobile data from O2:

1. You can turn off apps automatically downloading updates in the background
  2. Turn off videos playing automatically when you scroll down e.g. on Facebook
  3. Turn off location services, so e.g. Google maps doesn't use your data to pinpoint your location in the background
  4. Use wi-fi whenever possible especially when you want to download your music and videos
  5. Some phones have Wi-fi Assist which uses mobile data if your wi-fi access drops - this can be disabled
  6. You can keep track of your data usage via My O2 (see also a guide from our member @gmarkj that details the Allowances section in My O2)

You can find more info on these tips in the video below:

Additional tips from our community members:

• There are also apps you can install on your phone, such as 3G Watchdog on the Play Store, that can be used to monitor data usage in a widget on the home screen for Android phones (cheers for the tip @gmarkj!)
  • You might also find apps for iPhones for monitoring data usage, e.g. DataCare in the App Store (thanks @MI5!)

Check out also these other video guides from O2:

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I've added the tips you've replied with so far to the original post above - thanks a lot for those. I'd love to add more if any of you have any additional suggestions that might be of help to others? slight_smile

@nansou Just saw your comment. Awesome to hear you found @MI5's suggestion helpful! slight_smile

Message 11 of 11