Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for O2 to cut ties with Ticketmaster

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

O2 Priority tickets appears to use the Ticketmaster site.  My experience with Ticketmaster this morning has made me think it is time for Ticketmaster to be punished for their bad practices.  They are ripping people off in the name of making as much money as possible.

This morning I tried to get tickets for Myles Kennedy at the O2 Institute in Birmingham in March.  I was on the site ready and refreshed the browser at 8:59. Not on sale yet. Clicked to 9:00, clicked refresh and I could then select tickets. But they were already sold out.  Ridiculous.  But they were almost immediately available for £100 EXTRA PER TICKET on their secondary resale site (GetMeIn).

Absolutely disgraceful practice!!  Nobody should be able to list tickets on a secondary site unless ALL tickets for an event are officially sold out.  Surely there is a way that can happen.

I think Ticketmaster deliberately hold back tickets to make profit from this practice.

On top of this, if you are ever lucky enough to actually get through to buy the tickets, they charge you a delivery fee, even if you go with the electronic print-at-home option for your tickets. I mean £2.75 to receive a PDF on email is just a complete rip off.

This is not an isolated experience for me. I have experienced this a number of times in the past for other events.  It just really annoys me.  venues no longer have booking offices themselves either, so you can't even phone the venue to purchase tickets.

There really does have to be something that can be done about this practice. It's just simply not fair to fans.

Thanks

Steve
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

At one time you were allowed access into the venue first. Good idea if it's a standing only gig. Pointless if you have allocated seats.

I'm sure there was also a VIP pre show lounge at some venues. I don't see that advertised now.

I do remember it being early entry and access to tickets for shows when it first launched. At least that was how it was advertised.

Thanks

Steve
Message 11 of 11