cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three takeover o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Does anyone have any more news on the story that broke over the weekend that Three have agreed a takeover of o2 and are just waiting on regulatory approval

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, just to clarify, the announcement refers exclusively to O2 Ireland.
Message 21 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luke198823 wrote:

oh ok i see. but I dont know if its going happen in the  uk  or not because it did not say.

It seems to be just the ROI part of o2 at the moment, but i have been a loyal mobile users since BT Cellnet, but with the areas of the business they are selling off, it is making me nervous if 3 take the UK arm too as family have had bad experiences with 3.  I think i will be looking elswhere

Message 22 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Contract started with BTCellnet, then rebranded to O2 thn sold to TELEFONICA - still the same service as with BT & apart from VAT the same charges, so I won't be doing anything in a rush. O2 BB going to SKY may be more serious for me though.....

Message 23 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Three Ireland be retaining the O2 brand under some form of licensing deal with Telefónica?

Perhaps of less significance but I wonder what it will mean for concert venues and other forms of sponsorship. There is an O2 arena in Dublin and O2 have a number of sponsorship deals in Ireland. What will become of these if Three take over O2 Ireland?

Message 24 of 24