Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party

Emmarankin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have found a great offer on buymobiles.net seems too good to be true is it a legit site if I order or a scam ?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Emmarankin 

Yes they are legit but usually the deals are based on cashback which relies on you remembering to claim it back at set intervals.

You will likely be charged more on your monthly bill.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Emmarankin Offers from sites like that usually are for 24 months, with no option to upgrade early. If that doesn't bother you, and you can remember to make your claims for your discount at the right time, then opt for that. If you would prefer to have the option to upgrade early, then you should consider an O2 Refresh contract. The choice is ultimately yours.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Emmarankin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don’t understand the cash back thing how do you claim it back and when do you no u have to ?
Message 4 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Emmarankin You probably should read through this link: https://www.buymobiles.net/help/terms If it's a Samsung phone you're purchasing, see this: https://www.buymobiles.net/assets/img/BlueRewards.pdf

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Buymobiles.net is a legit site. I used to upgrade with them all the time. They are owned by A1 Comms who used to have a shop in my town. They do have some great deals around xmas time slight_smile
Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Emmarankin 

The important thing is to read the specific details regarding the phone you are interested in as they do vary.

Basically, cash back requires you to email at 6, 12, 18 and 24 months with copies of your bill and they will then put the cash into your bank account, but you have to remember to do it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
It depends if it's cash back by redemption or whether it's auto cashback. Buymobiles.net do both and it tells you on the deal you're going for which it is. Auto cashback is paid into your bank 30 days after receiving your new handset.
Message 8 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I have used buymobiles before and the only issue was I forgot to send the bill in for one of the installments.
Make sure you read your terms and conditions for the cashback as the months they need change depending on the deal and how many pieces they split the cashback into.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 9