cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Innovation Thread. Got an idea? Share it here.

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Innovation_Banner.png

Hey everyone wave

At O2 we’re always on the lookout for new and innovative ways of improving the experience of our customers. Whether that’s with our apps, developing new technologies or exploring ways of doing things in new and interesting ways.

We believe that you, as the people who use our products day in and day out, are best placed to tell us what you need and how we could be doing it better or differently. We’d love to hear from you with your thoughts and ideas on what you’d like us to develop, such as:

• An idea for a new product or service you think we should be offering
  • Suggestions on how to make an existing product or service better
  • New technologies that we should be exploring or offering our customers
  • Problems that you’d like us to solve

Feel free to post your ideas or niggles, however big or small, and we'll pass to our O2 innovation team to investigate the possibilities.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
having to tell people that the stock system doesn’t exist, despite the site showing a stock indicator.
I suffered when I came to O2 last year and I’ve seen numerous posts on the same subject week after week.

Just wiping it off the site completely would eliminate quite a few posts about this subject, or how about making it accurate?
Message 2 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Getting rid of live chat
Message 3 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I will say this over and over again.

O2 should have a live stock ordering system. If other major retailers can do this ie Amazon, John Lewis, Next, Ebay, George at Asda et al.....I fail to see why O2 can't do the same.

Not interested in hearing 'the phones./tablets come from different suppliers'.

This is not a reason. It's an excuse.

Amazon's stock comes from many different suppliers. If I pre-order something, I never fail to get it on the day of release, even when we know demand will be heavy. .

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 36

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Well about time @Chris_K o2 actively promoted mast upgrade information as you have meet 98% as per LTE auction it should not be a commercially sensitive issue any may well encourage customers to stay knowing when a mast will be upgraded especially as you have exclusitivity on one lte band 2.3ghz so no competition etc 

just  an idea 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 36

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35801 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Tie in the log of calls to Live Chat to My O2 - after all, you have to be signed in to MyO2 to initiate a web chat session, so why not keep the call log there instead of having to remember to send it to yourself before closing the web chat window?

Message 6 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 8 of 36

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Tie in the log of calls to Live Chat to My O2 - after all, you have to be signed in to MyO2 to initiate a web chat session, so why not keep the call log there instead of having to remember to send it to yourself before closing the web chat window?

This is a great idea.  The one thing that is always frustrating when dealing with customer services for any company is not remembering who you spoke to etc.

Thanks

Steve
Message 9 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
More info

@Chris_K wrote:

Innovation_Banner.png

Hey everyone wave

At O2 we’re always on the lookout for new and innovative ways of improving the experience of our customers. Whether that’s with our apps, developing new technologies or exploring ways of doing things in new and interesting ways.

We believe that you, as the people who use our products day in and day out, are best placed to tell us what you need and how we could be doing it better or differently. We’d love to hear from you with your thoughts and ideas on what you’d like us to develop, such as:

• An idea for a new product or service you think we should be offering
  • Suggestions on how to make an existing product or service better
  • New technologies that we should be exploring or offering our customers
  • Problems that you’d like us to solve

Feel free to post your ideas or niggles, however big or small, and we'll pass to our O2 innovation team to investigate the possibilities.

Sorry to sound like a killjoy, but haven't we been here before?  Smiley Indifferent

I can understand why it might seem more manageable to consolidate ideas into a single thread, but once it inevitably develops into a being "megathread", it'll just mean that community members are less likely to read it in its entirety, and any suggestions that might benefit from a little fine-tuning, will eventually be forgotten as newer proposals are submitted.

If you want to develop ideas, as opposed to just having a "suggestion box", then you need to encourage discussion around those ideas (hopefully with constructive feedback being offered), and that's best achieved by allowing members to start their own discussion threads. If an idea has merit, it'll quickly gain traction as people start adding their support, which is what you need if you want to keep it visible.

I'm just being honest  Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 36