cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Innovation Thread. Got an idea? Share it here.

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Innovation_Banner.png

Hey everyone wave

At O2 we’re always on the lookout for new and innovative ways of improving the experience of our customers. Whether that’s with our apps, developing new technologies or exploring ways of doing things in new and interesting ways.

We believe that you, as the people who use our products day in and day out, are best placed to tell us what you need and how we could be doing it better or differently. We’d love to hear from you with your thoughts and ideas on what you’d like us to develop, such as:

• An idea for a new product or service you think we should be offering
  • Suggestions on how to make an existing product or service better
  • New technologies that we should be exploring or offering our customers
  • Problems that you’d like us to solve

Feel free to post your ideas or niggles, however big or small, and we'll pass to our O2 innovation team to investigate the possibilities.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MusicIan
Level 4: Observant
  • 60 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Logging on to O2 on my phone with the O2 app then having to log in again to the community forum then having to use the search engine to find connected car trial seems awfully long winded. Then if I hit the back button on the eve page it sends me straight back to the log in page and off we go again. Could this be streamlined or am I doing it all wrong and have to go and stand in the corner?
Message 31 of 36

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35745 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

@MusicIan Using the phone or laptop browser (Chrome), there is a sign-on at the top of the O2 website, and another one once you get to the Community pages. I rarely browse from the MyO2 app. 

Given the Community is an offshoot of the main O2 board, it does not seem excessive... And it matches with other companies, eg Virgin Media, wher the main customer website and the customer community forum require separate sign-ons. 

Clearing O2 and related cookies on exiting your browser is highly recommended to make sure the O2 Billing section works as expected... 

Message 32 of 36

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Live stock system and mi5 charge to mobile 2 step verification
Message 33 of 36

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Getting rid of live chat

LIVE CHAT is my lifeline I am partially hearing , verging on the severe level. I have a smartphone but rely mostly on texts with an occasional call. My family are learning the correct way to speak so that more calls are possible. 

LIVE CHAT and O2 forum are the best if not only way to get help.  It is a marvellous system. Learning to use it requires practice it is not like a phone call. I get loadsa help from the operatives.

LIVE CHAT prevents my having to deal with a variety of accents, from UK to Mumbai. Nothing wrong with doing that but for partially hearing folk it makes the job of info and help more difficult

Message 34 of 36

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I'd like to see more info for disabled people.

There are many disabled people, physical, sensory, and MH  who use phones.  02 is not at the fore front and wont allow disabled people to try before we buy. Other orgs do why not 02.

And so on

What do other disabled users think.

02 stores should have training in disability awareness of all types. Not too arduous.

Message 35 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Jenny, I agree with everything you say but, however,

Live chat continually get things wrong

You can put a foreign accent to some of the chats because I get more sense and correct use of English via my Thai wife

Live chat should be done through UK call centres, O2 are expensive and charge enough to give far better customer experiences through live chat

I am quite a bit more than partially deaf now, I can just about get by putting the phone on speaker but still have to repeatedly ask them to repeat things. I can't get through a conversation unless I can lip read. If in a group and more than one person speaks my head is spinning so yes, I understand completely what you are saying

You could get much better and quicker help through the community than some of the inane and completely wrong statements in broken English, that you have to unravel and literally translate, made by live chat.

If you can get through to some of the UK chat operators then it can be a quick and accurate answer and an end to an issue. Therein lies the problem though, some of the transcripts I have saved have been put through Google translate, that is quite obvious.

If they get chat right, easy to connect and to knowledgeable operators then it will be acceptable. At present it's too hit and miss. In it's present form I cannot recommend it though it's vitally important for some of us. Shame really but god knows what it's going to morph into once the bots take over!

Message 36 of 36