cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Innovation Thread. Got an idea? Share it here.

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Innovation_Banner.png

Hey everyone wave

At O2 we’re always on the lookout for new and innovative ways of improving the experience of our customers. Whether that’s with our apps, developing new technologies or exploring ways of doing things in new and interesting ways.

We believe that you, as the people who use our products day in and day out, are best placed to tell us what you need and how we could be doing it better or differently. We’d love to hear from you with your thoughts and ideas on what you’d like us to develop, such as:

• An idea for a new product or service you think we should be offering
  • Suggestions on how to make an existing product or service better
  • New technologies that we should be exploring or offering our customers
  • Problems that you’d like us to solve

Feel free to post your ideas or niggles, however big or small, and we'll pass to our O2 innovation team to investigate the possibilities.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

O2ConnectedCar
  • 76 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Ian,

i personally love the honesty and the good news is were doing both.

We are working our way through ideas internally for new innovative products and services for our customers.

There will definatly be points were we have a seperate thread about a specific products to gauge an insight into your thoughts about them and what issues you have.

What we will do is look at a way to clear the thread down and notify people we have taken there idea or issue on board and not end up with a megal thread.

Thanks

Mike

CommunitySig.png
Message 11 of 36

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I agree. This will be another short - lived scheme once O2 decide to pull the plug. O2 Ask will undoubtedly be next...

#justsayin'

Message 12 of 36

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Allow ALL symbols for 02 passwords.   02 is the only site I regularly cant recall my password, Everyone of my passwords is unique and memorable but this year they involve certain symbols not allowed by 02.  I waste time and am put off signing in because of this

Message 13 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There are some app and other websites that will only allow limited symbols but yes, these days, all such applications should allow all symbols for strong passwords.

Message 14 of 36

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

There are some app and other websites that will only allow limited symbols but yes, these days, all such applications should allow all symbols for strong passwords.

Including UPPERCASE, the number of times I have had to reset a password on a website purely because of some foible of needing, or not needing, an upper case letter in there somewhere, in addition to a number and a "special character" (not including this particular list of special characters, eg: \$# etc!) 

P4r53WurDz!  Bang

Message 15 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think in general o2 need to be a bit more on top of current technology before getting too carried away with further innovations...! For e.g., iPhone users have a lot of network features iOS is capable of that are currently locked out by o2 (and other carriers) because there is either not the desire or the will to invest and enable them at a network level. The exception to this probably being EE who have basically enabled everything the iPhone can manage (such as Smart Number technology/Full Apple Watch cellular functionality etc.)

This wasn't always the case, o2 (probably due to their initial iPhone exclusivity at launch way back when) were one of the first to offer Visual Voicemail (EE is the only other MNO that offers this currently - Sky has it, but runs on o2 network anyway). But when it came to newer features such as rolling out WiFi Calling they were last and with 4G Calling were second to last to roll this out. Even now, this has not been fully implemented correctly (SMS, MMS and Visual Voicemail over WiFi Calling still not available). Why not focus on getting all of the above enabled and then ensuring where possible/practicable these features work for Android users too!

I guess my point is, o2 used to be quite innovate - services like o2 WiFi (automatic joining if you have an o2 sim and 3G/4G prioritiesed if better service than WiFi) is sooo much easier to use than BT WiFi which is temperamental to say the least! Even o2 Broadband used to be a great additional service (never quite got the logic of selling this to Sky, was great for o2 mobile customers as well and at the time due to buying out Be Broadband used to offer brilliant speeds/capacity!)

Like I say, perhaps if o2 focused on some of the above, and made an effort for some network feature parity with Android that would be a great place to start.

Message 16 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

So we've been asked for our input.. which we gladly give, but we get little or nothing back. Another example of non reply HERE.

We want to help you, we love to help you, but what's the point when we don't receive any feedback / confirmation that our concerns have been noted or even dismissed! 

Sticking it out there!

Message 17 of 36

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So we've been asked for our input.. which we gladly give, but we get little or nothing back. Another example of non reply HERE.

We want to help you, we love to help you, but what's the point when we don't receive any feedback / confirmation that our concerns have been noted or even dismissed! 

Sticking it out there!

Hey @Anonymous. Sorry you feel we're not giving anything back - it's definitely not the the case, nor our intention. The Innovation Team are currently quite busy ensuring everything is in place for our Connected Car Trial but they are still listening, and we'll absolutely let you all know if anything raised on this thread turns out to be something the team can look into and implement/fix/improve.

In the meantime, if anyone has any other ideas not already mentioned, please do continue to comment on this thread about them. We are listening, we promise.

PS. On your sofrware one, I apologise - I'm not receiving notifications when I'm @ tagged in something, but I'm looking into it.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 18 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
IIRC there are a few other threads where you've been tagged and we've heard nothing back. But the tagging problem would explain that. Thanks for replying here though @Chris_K, we appreciate it (and the fact that you're busy elsewhere too)
Message 19 of 36

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If @Chris_K is having a notification issue, can the other members of the board support team let him know when he been tagged?
And will he also go back through checking for mentions?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 20 of 36