cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks O2 for screwing me over.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was coming up to renewing my contract. Lots of coms from O2 trying to get me to pay to do it early, (they used to give this to loyal customers for free), I declined and waited for my renewal date and then...... NOTHING!

Eventually I gave up waiting for contact and initiated an upgrade to iphone 6plus myself. Then AFTER that they send a text saying they will be in contact with a special deal for my upgrade, followed up by...... nothing!

Meanwhile I had set up an arrangement to recycle my old phone through O2 for £170 which I didn't have in my account but went into an overdraught to put the money towards the purchase of my upgrade phone.

Needless to say my upgrade phone took too long to arrive and messed up my recycle. Then the price for my old phone dropped by 30 quid. Did I get any concern, an apology even? No.

Do I feel I got shafted by O2? ABSOLUTELY!!!!

What the hell has happened to them, they used to be really on the ball but now they are a pile of s>>>.

I guess they won't have anything to say about this.  I'll spend the time of my current contract keeping an eye out for a better alternative.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
We are all customers so we can't make any official comments.
Toby is one of the community coordinators who works for O2 and may invite to chat about it via PM but otherwise there won't be anything official from O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I appreciate your frustration.

Offers do change frequently but they are supposed to put anything offered on your account notes.

Retention a can give better deals to retain you but O2 now offer a fair deal where both new and existing customers get the same deals.

They may not have followed up the text as they may have seen that you had already upgraded.

Phones depending on availability can be delayed ref delivery or go out of stock which we've heard a few times from customers here.

You could ring O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG to relay your disappointment and they may offer a GWG and or log a complaint here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Let us know how You get on please.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Call customer service on 202 it make a complaint to complaintreviewservice@o2.com
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

A most annoying experience. Follow the advice given please. I hope you get some satisfaction.

I wonder why the price of recycling the phone dropped by £30.Did they give you any reason for this? @Anonymous 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes the price on recycle drops because the phone is not as indicated ref condition on being recieved by O2. (In their (02's) opinion)
Message 6 of 6