cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts: Not Received by 1 Number

Anonymous
Not applicable
My partner has put his old o2 sim card into a different phone, however since then he is unable to receive my texts??? Calls are fine and I receive texts from his phone! We are both on o2. Any ideas???
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
For a few days now my wife is not receiving my texts either - unless I reply to her text. She was receiving them fine up until a few days ago. We are both on O2 pay monthly. Perhaps it's related to your case?

I'll ring customer services the first chance I get and try to find out what's happening.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a guess is the person who should be geting the texts got a samsung phone?
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my case we both have Nokias.

I rang Customer Services yesterday and they ran some tests, they refreshed the lines (or something like that), and they confirmed my wife's phone can receive their text messages (along with everybody else's), but still not receiving mine.

It's not an issue with the handset itself, as I put her SIM into another mobile, and she still coudln't receive my messages. I also put a different SIM into her handset, and it would then receive my messages.

It's a SIM or O2 account issue, so I'll phone them again tonight and ask them to fix it.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like a sim issue if it doesn't work in another phone. You can always phone up or go instore and ask for a sim swap. In the meantime, give the sim a wipe with a clean dry cloth, you never know, its amazing what a wipe can do sometimes.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Corum - it is a samsung
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Corum - it is a samsung

In that case, check that the number hasn't been blocked by accident. Its very easy to do on the Samsung phones and its something that comes up a lot so its worth checking.
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
is it a samsung phone because you may have a block on certain numbers check thru your msg and call settings. good luck
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem not receiving texts from one certain number. Did this issue ever resolve itself?
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone heard anything new?
Message 10 of 10