Did you mean: 

Texting from UK to US

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
How do I text from here the the US? What is the code and how much is it?
thanks

grin
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
To text the us if the person is on a us mobile network. You will need to place +1 in front of there mobile no.

If the mobile no begins with a 0 (Which i dont beleive us mobiles do) you would just remove the 0.

I sms the us all the time and dont have any problems.

It cost me 12p to send to a us mobile

If the person you are texting to the us holds a uk number, then you do nothing. as the person has a uk mobile no, this never changes so its just like sms from the uk to the uk.

Hope the above helps
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply, this is what I have been doing and she never receives it and when she sends them to me I don't receive hers either :robotindifferent:

She is on a US mobile network.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which network is your friend on in USA?
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have almost the same problem texting someone in Poland. My friend can text me from Poland,but any text i send is not received.

O2 to a Polish Network.

Any ideas????
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your handset/plan suppports it try installing one of the following applications:

Cellity freeSMS
If you both have this installed on your phones you can send each other lovely free messages that just use a tiny amount of data. You can also load your account with credit and send normal SMS messages to anywhere for about 5p (plus a tiny bit of data).

Vyke Pro / Lite
Similar to above, free between users or around 4p per message plus data of 'less than a tenth of a (Euro) cent per message'

smsBug
Purchase bundles of credit and send SMS messages for around 2p (again, plus a tiny amount of data)

If, like me, you are lucky enough to have a wifi enabled handset and a home wifi connection you won't have to worry about the data bit slight_smile
Message 6 of 6