Did you mean: 

Texting abroad

Slushpuppy1
Level 3: Thinker
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all.

About a year ago I posted that texting my dad abroad(Lanzarote) had doubled in price overnight. Well earlier this week I got a text from o2 saying my international calling service trial had finished(didn't sign up to this) and is being changed to international bolt on.

So I've texted my dad and the cost has gone back to 12.5p from 25p per text. Just thought I'd let you all know.  

Have a lovely weekend

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Hi @Slushpuppy1

Thanks for updating us. And glad to hear you can now text your dad for 12.5p per text which you was what you were originally charged.

It's great to hear from another happy O2 customer.

Have a fantastic Bank Holiday weekend and welcome back to the forum.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Slushpuppy1 I remember the first thread you posted. It caused a bit of a stir as we hadn't heard of the change to the charges wink

Here it is https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Texting-abroad-charges/td-p/998028

Pleased it's now cheaper for you and thanks for updating us....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Slushpuppy1 If you and your dad put Whatsapp on your phones you can text, talk, and have video chats with each other for free over WiFi. If you both have iPhones you can do this with Facetime too.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 5 of 9

Slushpuppy1
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi Bambino. My dad is 72 and not interested in modern technology.  We as a family have tried and tried but to no avail.It would of saved us all a fortune if we could convert him. And I'm an Android fan so no facepalming for me 😁😁😁

Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
That's too bad @Slushpuppy1, as WhatsApp is as easy to use as ordinary text. As your dad is averse to modern technology I presume he doesn't have a smart phone so I guess any app of any description isn't on the cards.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Slushpuppy1I was 5 years younger than your dad when I was dragged 'kicking and screaming' into the world of smartphone technology. Pleased I took the plunge and wouldn't be without it now....but I can understand his reluctance. A shame though....as you say, it would have saved you a fortune...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

My mum and dad just had basic phones and that was only to keep me happy. Most times they wouldn't even take the phone with them. However they did read the texts when they got home at night so I can quite understand how some older people can embrace technology whilst others can exist very happily without it. At least texting is cheaper for you now @Slushpuppy1 so no excuses, keep on texting him smile

Message 9 of 9