Did you mean: 

Test - Off Topic Dev Team 11 April

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Today another test - this time on Off Topic by Dev Team

I posted a reply enquiring what the test was for and, tongue in cheek, asked "or aren`t we allowed to know?" We await reply as they have posted another test.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Want to watch, you could find yourself in receipt of a test tickle... Astounded

Message 2 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Well spotted @Mi-Amigo,  @pgn and @jonsie! As they were test topics we've now removed them slight_smile

As you know there are a few platform issues being looked into, along with the rest of the homepage feedback - there is testing required for most of the platform-related work. These points have been raised and discussed in separate topics already and once we have more details on any of them we'll share the info with you!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 24

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

Well spotted @Mi-Amigo,  @pgn and @jonsie! As they were test topics we've now removed them slight_smile

As you know there are a few platform issues being looked into, along with the rest of the homepage feedback - there is testing required for most of the platform-related work. These points have been raised and discussed in separate topics already and once we have more details on any of them we'll share the info with you!

Thank you @EmilieT for the update.

It is a pity that it has been left to you to respond rather than the originator of the tests on Off Topic who was asked but failed to reply to why and the purpose of these tests.

As to these being tests for "platform-related issues", may I, with respect, enquire more specifically which ones these tests were for?

Thank you again for your reply.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 24

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo I've enquired about this specific testing and it was linked to an issue that we have reported ourselves, which you might not have noticed. When browsing the forum, it should be possible to write a post before having to sign-in, but this currently triggers a sign-in loop. This can create a frustrating experience for any visitor, whether they are already a member or would like to join. 

That's what was being tested in this specific instance, and I hope it makes sense! As for the other known issues and feedback, we'll update you as and when we know more slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 6 of 24

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Mi-AmigoI've enquired about this specific testing and it was linked to an issue that we have reported ourselves, which you might not have noticed. When browsing the forum, it should be possible to write a post before having to sign-in, but this currently triggers a sign-in loop. This can create a frustrating experience for any visitor, whether they are already a member or would like to join. 

That's what was being tested in this specific instance, and I hope it makes sense! As for the other known issues and feedback, we'll update you as and when we know more slight_smile

Thank you for making the enquiries @EmilieT and letting us all know and yes it makes sense.

Now that is what I for one appreciate - being kept in the picture slight_smile

And look forward to similar updates and the issues to which they refer when you have more details.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 24

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

No problem @Mi-Amigo, I'm glad this helped! smiling

You might see a couple more posts with a similar title popping up as the sign-in loop is still occuring, but we'll try and update you on the testing and progress of the issues as much as possible.

signature

Message 8 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Mi-AmigoI've enquired about this specific testing and it was linked to an issue that we have reported ourselves, which you might not have noticed. When browsing the forum, it should be possible to write a post before having to sign-in, but this currently triggers a sign-in loop. This can create a frustrating experience for any visitor, whether they are already a member or would like to join. 

That's always been the case though @EmilieT ?

No one is able to post unless they are signed in to the forum. Yes it must be frustrating for those who make a long post before signing in and then lose the post when directed to sign in but it's always been that way

As far as I am concerned, a pop up box should appear advising people to sign in when they open a new topic (and before they post) That would alleviate the problem?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 24

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I agree. It's never been possible to post unless you are signed in. Previously, as soon as you hit the reply button, you were taken to the sign in page. In the same way you cannot give kudos unless you are signed in and that is as it should be. You can't have people posting or participating unless they are a member. Obviously they can browse though.

Message 10 of 24