cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service trying to get a PAC Code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone think O2 has a policy of keeping customers waiting so long for their PAC Code (the code you need when you cancel your contract) in the hope they'll just get fed up and give up trying to cancel their contract? I've been waiting over an hour on Live Chat, having been through all the security checks and fielded all their questions about why I want to leave, and then I get the silent treatment. I know for a fact I have had no interruptions to my connection. Is this cynical or just poor customer service? I've taken a screen grab of the conversation to send to them.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Hi @Curr946

Thanks for the feedback! Any and all suggestions are welcome any time :). If I hear of any changes related to this, I'll let you know. Have you seen a similar system used in another company out of interest? 

giffgaff will send a pac code by text message, so there's no reason why the system couldn't be automated. I'm guessing the reason why companies like O2 insist on speaking to the customer first, is so they can try and persuade them to stay. As far as contacting customer services is concerned, there should really be an option to request a call back, rather than keep people waiting in a queue (even companies like BT offer that basic service).

Message 11 of 11