cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Signal at Home - Getting very problematic

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have lived in the SW9 area for over 14 years. I have moved once and it was literally to just down the road because of renovation. Even in the old house, the signal was bad but it wasn't terrible and for some reason my entire immediate family stayed with O2. Unfortunately, after the move, the signal is now non-existent. No Texts, Data or Calls. If I want a bit of signal I have to hang out the window or go outside across the road.

I don't think the solution here is to just have my entire family use the TuGo app as this should not be such a problem in big city such as London. I go to the likes of Gloucester and Cornwall often and I get better signal in these places! Even people with Vodafone who come to my home get better signal than me.

The Signal Checker always says that everything is up and running and everytime I disagree with this I get the generic "We will look into this" and when the appropriate time has passed I get another response with "Everything is working well" bearing in mind that they probably sent me that text at 10am but because of the terrible signal I only receive it at 3pm.

This is becoming increasingly problematic as a family member has a learning disability and is dependent on his phone in case of emergencies. His WIFI turns off sometimes and he is unable to use a landline. This is my last ditch effort for something to be done about this problem before I switch my entire family over to a more dependant company that actually has signal in the area.

Is there anything that can be done? Can this be escalated? Is there anything O2 can do to help?

I hope someone is able to help.

Regards, Lex

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately, you are not addressing O2 here directly.
The best thing you can do is to raise a complaint, but if you get a signal outdoors it will be bad because of your building construction and there is nothing that can be done other than the use of Tugo.
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If TuGo works in your house, that sounds as if it's the best you can do with O2. Why don't you get Pay & Go sims from the other networks, try them all, and see which one gives you the best signal? If people who use Vodafone get a good signal at your house, try that network's sim first.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Agree with bambino there is no reward for loyalty to a telco anymore, you're always best to go with who gives you the best signal!

Once you've found the network giving you a decent signal, check out what mvno's run on that network, if you're also looking to try and save some money. Although, I'm not sure about Vodafone and mvno's as it seems from rumours they're terminating their mvno piggy backers.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you all for your responses. I will make a direct complaint to O2 and see if there is anything else they can do.

If nothing else comes out of this then I will just have to change Network as this is now getting to an unbearable state.

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If your phone is just an expensive music player then it makes sense to consider your best option. Please keep us updated.

Message 6 of 6