cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have spoke to 4 different “Gurus” in the space of an hour and passed from pillow to post.
I have incurred charges on my last bill of £13 for calling an 0845 number but upon researching said number, it’s a spam number - how I have dialled a spam number on 5 different occasions, I do not know - because I haven’t.
Upon speaking to the online chat “team” I was cut off numerous times before told to speak to the payments team who would “investigate” this for me.
Upon her “investigation” she always came across it as a spam number too and said she would transfer me to the customer service department so they could then again further “investigate” where this number has come from and who it belongs too and try arrange for me to have it refunded if it did transpire to be a fraudulent number.
Spoke to “Customer Services” who decided to tell me that I was lying and that they do not conduct “investigations” of the sort.
I told them three times I was told they could do this and track the number to see where it is from. Again, the told me I was lying, informed incorrectly and that they will not do this.

Despite all this, I never ever receive reception unless I reset my phone 20 times a day. Over charged for data, minutes or texts which are supposed to unlimited and they still expect me to pay to cancel my contract although I have already paid the amount covered for the actual handset.

Absolute fraudsters. Safe to say, you are not getting any more money from me.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous  if you think you have been treated badly then you should make a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Also have a look at this guide re other numbers and charges https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/other-numbers-and-charges

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have made many complaints of the last few months and been promised phone calls back from management and received nothing!!
Message 3 of 16

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
What is the 0845 number you have supposedly called 5 times?
Is this number showing in call logs?
Do you have TU installed on a shared PC 💻?
Message 4 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have made many complaints of the last few months and been promised phone calls back from management and received nothing!!

Then I will tag in our community admin team and see if they can help @Anonymous

@MercedesS@Marjo@Martin-O2?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not in my call logs but apparently it’s on theirs as I’ve actually dialled it - how can you dial a spam number and why would you want too? All on different days too and for different durations which make no sense.
Apparently I’ve also gone over “unlimited” texts and “unlimited” minutes but how when it’s unlimited??
Makes no sense what so ever and I am very disgruntled about this.
I’ve received no calls to escalate this further over the few months I’ve been raising the complaints about the over charging and lack of signal and nothing has been resolved.

Would you pay for a service that isn’t working or trying to help you? I think not.

[phone number removed] 

Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unlimited mins and texts are still covered by a fair use policy (FUP) which is covered in the T&C's http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 16

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

I'm MercedesS from the O2 Community team and I am really sorry to hear about your poor experience.

Of course, we will send you a Private Message to get more info just in case there's something we can do for you but, the O2 community is a group of customers like you, but we are not Customer Service I am afraid.

You can also read this article Unexpected phone charge? Here's what to do if you've spotted an unexpected charge on your phone bill from Phone-paid Services Authority and even use their #NumberChecker form: Not sure about a number that's on your bill? Check it out here and see what to do next...

Looking forward to your reply! We are all here to help  Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
And that’s fair enough but the fact is, I actually ain’t going over any thing and when I do run out of data I just buy more if I need it like I have done in the past.
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
HELLO MercedesS,

That would be great thank you. Hopefully be able to get some help.
Message 10 of 16