cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell us what tech you're looking forward to in 2015!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi everyone,

2015 is in full swing and with that will come a deluge of new tech for us all to get our hands on throughout the year slight_smile

Technical advancements are being made every day and some of the current devices available; Be they phones, tablets or wearables are amazing in terms of what they can do.

Here at O2 we’re always on the look for new tech on the horizon and you guys are constantly in the know as to what’s coming up that gets you excited. Your views and knowledge of new tech are always really well-thought out and you help so many other members choose the tech they go for.

We’re going to be tuned into the Intel CES 2015 Keynote talk, where they will be talking about the amazing new wearable tech that is coming soon. Find out more on that HERE.

We want to hear from you all. What devices are going to rock your world in 2015? What devices would you like to see supplied by O2? Where do you want to be wearing your wearables (See what I did there)?

Post a picture of the device(s) you’re excited about and share with everyone here. If you’ve found out a juicy device rumour, pop your thoughts here with a link.

Can’t wait to hear what you’re all excited about!

chris watch.jpg

The lovely @Chris_K wearing his Pebble slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
2015, Intel desperately trying to claw back a market they said had no future.
2015 has seen Intel invest double in mobile tech than previous years.

Apple will continue to push screen sizes and aspect ratios no one wants to buy.
Yes they did, with iPhone still sitting at the emo-ithic 750P cuz it's less conformist than 720P, they also will make you buy a phablet to get 1080P. In fact iPhone have the lowest pixel counts in relation to screen sizes for full HD devices.
The day of the wire is done, wireless charging will feature on more handsets as a standard feature than ever.
2015 saw more flagships released with wireless charging than ever before, we now have quick wireless too thanks to Samsung 
Storage space will increase.
As will pixel count, each flagship should be 2k by end of 2015
Bar HTC, almost all major brands have 2k panels, and 1 with 4k

The galaxy s6 will be the handset of the year bar NONE.
Called it.

12-14" tablets on a 2k resolution will be common by late 15 early 16.
All flagship tablets are now 2k, and both Samsung and apple released models above 12"

Sony will roll out playstation now on Xperia mobiles and tabs as well as the first Samsung tv playstation licensings.
Nearly...

HTC will finally explain upixels (m9 waterproof guess)
Nope

As will the note 5??
Nope

I'll have a new phone after April.
2 actually..

The Apple watch will arrive and the past 4 years of wearables will instantly be forgotten as the new watch fills a "gap in the market" neglected for too long.
Sadly, that is EXACTLY how many reviewers pitched it.

Forum will be dead between sep to Nov as usual.
Ironically, Called it.

Message 71 of 76

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The sceptical have no idea of the real world, they live in the past with absolute tunnel vision. Some good calls there @viridis

Message 72 of 76

Fellwalker
Level 9: Fired up
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Looking forward to @viridis predictions for 2016 so I can maybe invest in some appropriate stocks and shares.

I had expected by now that I would have had a Galaxy note 5 and a Microsoft Surface 4.

Samsung decided that the note 5 should lose its iconic replaceable battery and memory card slot. Thankfully they also in their infinite inscrutable wisdom decided that Europe did not want it,  so I didn't actually have to make the decision not to buy it.

My Dell 17 inch laptop just keeps going,  now with the first hard disk replaced by SSD and the second with a double sized 1TB ordinary hard disk. So much faster,  and running Windows 10.

I had expected SSD prices to fall more than they have,  and bigger on board memories to be cheaper,  but for phones they've gone for significantly faster memory,  which I feel is unnecessary. Hopefully adoptable memory in marshmallow will allow a mix of Fast and normal memory and cheaper phones.

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 73 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That's a lot of responsibility there for @viridis. Maybe he could set up a business and start charging @Fellwalker Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 74 of 76

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Nah.  If he charged he'd have a duty of care for advice given. He might not feel as free to comment.  Besides,  I'm from Yorkshire so I'm allergic to paying.

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 75 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Fellwalker wrote:

Nah.  If he charged he'd have a duty of care for advice given. He might not feel as free to comment.  Besides,  I'm from Yorkshire so I'm allergic to paying.

Oh well....for free then....must have a word..Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 76 of 76