Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tarriff

Crl123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Saw a deal from EE for unlimited minutes and unlimited texts with 50gb of 4g data for £43.00 a month with an upfront cost of £112.99 on a 24 month contract. I was wondering if you offer anything like this?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Crl123  This is not O2. This is a customer community. If you want to speak to customer service, please see this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Crl123 all prices are in the shop pages. https://www.o2.co.uk/shop

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

They won’t price match though

Message 4 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35787 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Crl123 wrote:

Saw a deal from EE for unlimited minutes and unlimited texts with 50gb of 4g data for £43.00 a month with an upfront cost of £112.99 on a 24 month contract. I was wondering if you offer anything like this?

That sounds like my offer from mobilephonesdirect, except i had no upfront cost for a OnePlus 6T in Jan, @Crl123  - give them a shout.

20**Personal info** 21_07_28-Best OnePlus 6T 8GB RAM Pay Monthly Contract & SIM Free Deals _ Mobile Phones Di.png

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you do o2 with a 3rd party though you won’t have the perks you get O2 Refresh
Message 6 of 9

pgn
  • 35787 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
If you do o2 with a 3rd party though you won’t have the perks you get O2 Refresh

The main perk of O2 Refresh being you can choose to pay off the remaining (slightly higher than market prices) balance on your handset (total O2 handset price divided by months in contract (12 to 36 months), and then change your airtime to something more closely approximating your needs/usage.

True, @Anonymous.

That said, so long as you feel you can keep up payments of a combined handset/tariff bundle for the contract duration, you will get the handset slightly cheaper than the O2 price at the contract term.

Swings and roundabouts... smirk

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Paying off the handset early or upgrading early is one advantage of Refresh but there is another big advantage nin that once the device is paid off, you pay only the airtime whereas taking a contract elsewhere and payments don't reduce after the minimum period.

Message 8 of 9

pgn
  • 35787 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Paying off the handset early or upgrading early is one advantage of Refresh but there is another big advantage nin that once the device is paid off, you pay only the airtime whereas taking a contract elsewhere and payments don't reduce after the minimum period.

This is also true of Refresh, @jonsie .  That said, it is no problem at the end of a 2-year non-Refresh contract to move to another contract or back to an O2 Refresh Contract.  The downside of a non-Refresh contract is making sure you're aware of the contract end-date and then plan to cancel or upgrade on the second anniversary thereof (or even the third annversary, as you can spread a Refresh contract across 36 months now if you so wish - not mentioning the normal 2-year warranty on handsets kinda conflicts with that approach, of course... ssssh!).

I've had one Refresh Contract - it seemed like a good deal at the time, and whilst I tried to upgrade to another one at the end of that one, so I could avail of my employer's participation in the O2 Open discount scheme a second time, I still found it much cheaper, for the duration of the new non-Refresh contract, to go elsewhere than O2 themselves.

A couple of people here in the Community were very helpful as I navigated that particular upgrade, they know who they are! thumbsup

@Crl123  - I guess my message is: look around, search the web - don't just assume that O2 is more competitive than any other reputable mobile phone supplier out there!

Message 9 of 9