Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

........and the Casio Calculator watch will still be going strong and probably out last the latest wearable tech !!

I have no doubt of that @Anonymous ....problem is the kids of today don't see Casio as cool and trendy

Certainly not a fashion accessory LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff Ahhh but Retro is making a come back !! or so they say, Cassette Tapes are back in and off course Records never left, My Misses is looking at Retro Wedding Dresses and you know Ladies are never wrong !! And as for the Casio Watch in question my goodness that watch was brilliant !! Certainly was a fashion accessory in the 80's but built to last, think mine went through Washing Machine a few times lol Crazy

Message 12 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff Ahhh but Retro is making a come back !! or so they say, Cassette Tapes are back in and off course Records never left, My Misses is looking at Retro Wedding Dresses and you know Ladies are never wrong !! And as for the Casio Watch in question my goodness that watch was brilliant !! Certainly was a fashion accessory in the 80's but built to last, think mine went through Washing Machine a few times lol Crazy

Yeah...my lads had all the Casio range...calculators, watches, keyboards... Smiley Surprised etc,etc etc etc. Apparently they 'lost the watches' ...when they went out of fashion....Drum

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 42

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Casio do watches capable radio controlled automatic timesetting. Aimed more at adventurers though.
Message 14 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I've had a radio controlled Casio for years. Not sure how it works now but intially the control centres consisted of London and Berlin.

Message 15 of 42

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I've had a radio controlled Casio for years. Not sure how it works now but intially the control centres consisted of London and Berlin.

I use one and now have one in the kitchen, more on how they work:

"There are many time reference centres located around the world, each with their own atomic clock. Every clock sold in the UK is programmed to receive a signal from our time reference centre that is located at the NPL (National Physical Laboratory) centre in Anthorn, Cumbria.

The atomic clock at the NPL centre was recently proved to the the most accurate clock in the world; with accuracy of less than 1 second gained or lost every 138 million years."

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 42

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

"less than 1 second gained or lost every 138 million years"

How do they know that ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 17 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

"less than 1 second gained or lost every 138 million years"

How do they know that ?

LOL Stop being pedantic...I am sure there is a 'bit of science' involved....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 42

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
A T Rex called to sync his watch?
Message 19 of 42

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Well they do pause the time for 2 seconds every New Year at the turn to synchronise the clocks and whatnot due to the eliptical tilt of the Earth so maybe it's something like that. Also it means we don't have satelites crashing into each other.

Or could it be because that guy from 1D is stressed...Crazy

Message 20 of 42