cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THIS IS A COMPLAINT

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have only been with O2 for about 3 or 4 months and so far I'm not very impressed. Calls to my number go straight to voicemail. I have had 3 live chat sessions to try and fix this and all of the operatives have said "It's fixed now, you shouldn't have that problem." The last one said he would guarantee it. I have tried the ##002# and **61*901*11*30# and finally 1760 to turn OFF voicemail. Now anybody calls me (and I am trying to run a business), they get the engaged tone. It's not every call but it's most of them.

Is this something deliberate from O2 or just attrocious service? If they want any future business or recomendations this is not the way to go about it.

Hacked off.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's very helpful. Thank you PhoneDoc. My replacement sim should arrive in a couple of days, should that not solve things, I will most certainly take your advice. Thanks again.

Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed, only have it on 3G.
Message 12 of 22

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
FYI - if you do need service ASAP and there's a store nearby, don't hesitate to book a Guru appointment regardless. They'll probably have availability for today or tomorrow and can issue you a replacement SIM card on the spot if they think it'll help slight_smile
Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks PhoneDoc. I will do that but I have a busy few days coming up, so it will be in a day or two, but very helpful, thank you again.

Ooh err, just been promoted. Class 2 citizen now.

Message 14 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That's very helpful. Thank you PhoneDoc. My replacement sim should arrive in a couple of days, should that not solve things, I will most certainly take your advice. Thanks again.

Hi @Anonymous welcome to the forums! 

Please come back and let us know how the new sim works out. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 16 of 22

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It does indeed. Anyway, I've spoken to CS and explained and they're sending out a new sim so hopefully that might work. If not we'll have to see. Curiously enough my normal signal strength is either 1 or 2 dots, but while talking to CS it went up to 4 and stayed there during the chat and then dropped back down to 1. Any thoughts on that? Thanks to both of my responders, if there is such a word.....

This bit sounds like the phone defaulted to the next level down for signal when the call was on and then went back up once the call was ended. If the signal is just strong enough to be received when not making a call but not enough to carry the call it might be that.

If you already have the signal set to not receive one type then it maybe even that is too much.

Could also be an issue with how the phone switches from one network (3G) to another (2G) when the call is inbound, but when making calls it is ok (as the phone is "forced" into the switch).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 17 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I thought I had already posted to just select 2g (GSM) only when at home, but I can't see the post anymore - maybe it got moved when some other posts were taken out of the thread?
Anyway, that would explain it and I agree with gmarkj.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to both of you guys for your ideas. I have switched to 2G as I work from home and have wireless all the time. We'll see if it makes a difference.
Message 19 of 22

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks to both of you guys for your ideas. I have switched to 2G as I work from home and have wireless all the time. We'll see if it makes a difference.

Hi @Anonymous did any of the suggestions in this thread help solve your issue? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 22