cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TERRIBLE Customer Service at O2 - Incompetent Liars

Anonymous
Not applicable

Terrible customer service. Went to the edgware branch of o2 to get a replacement sim card. did a security check, had id and bank card and got a sim card. all well and good. 

gone home, contacted o2 to get the lost bar removed from my account when they told me that there was no new sim assoicated with my account

Hold on. i just got one. Now this is where it gets funny. I called the store and spoke to the person i dealt with when i came into store. He told me that he did all that he could and couldnt do any more. the only thing he could do was issue another sim 2 days after due to you being unable to issue sims after 24 hours and all the pollava. he was incredibly rude and wasnt bothered to check anything. just complete nonsense. god know where they get these peoople from. 

so i entered a live chat soon afterwards to get some further information and hopefully talk to somone reasaonable. so i was asked the normal questions 

post code, name, phone number and security questions 

and then wollop. the mast is down in your area.

Sorry

the mast is down in your are sir

you can check you network here 

is there anything i can help you with

thats not what i asked 

(long pause)

Honestly, dont get me wrong i love o2. tu go is probably one of the best things out there. but the people at customer servicce position are absolutely rubbish. the problem is theres no one to really get anything sorted out. yes anyone can sell an iphone contract especially when the person who comes in already is intending to buy one. But when it comes to actually helping or solving problems. These people are clueless. i did eventually go to another branch of o2. Store manager came and sorted out my problem there and then. what a gent. Honestly, finally someone who actually know what theyre talkign about. 

But yes. not the best expereience 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
A perfect example of how woefully inadequate live chat really is!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 26

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I've used live chat overseas with success but to be honest I was pleasantly surprised that they resolved my issue at the first time of asking. Maybe I was lucky enough to get through to a UK adviser using the chat link on the complaints page.

Having said that I would always choose to call if possible.

Message 22 of 26

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I only use them for the very simple tasks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 26

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Like I said. Simple things only.....

Currently using:
Message 25 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

HI @Anonymous,

Please feel free to send me a private message and we can have a chat about how to improve your situation.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 26 of 26