cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping to a Nano sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

My wife has just upgraded her phone and given me her iphone 5. The iphone 5 has a Nano sim card but my Samsung S4 mini has a micro sim. I want to try out the Iphone but would also like the option of reverting back to the Samsung if I didn't like the Iphone. So, I was wondering if I order a Nano sim on my pay monthly contract, will my sim in the Samsung S4 mini still work?

Hope this makes sense.

Regards. John

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
No. Your number will be only on one SIM card at a time.

You could sim swap to a nano sim in an O2 HighStreet shop and then ask for a sim adapter which is free. This makes the nano sim to a micro sim size.

Also you may need to ask O2 customer services to be put on idata settings so the iPhone works Internet,MMS and visual voicemail wise.

Remember the iPhone 5 won't work on 4g with the O2 network.
Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
No. Your number will be only on one SIM card at a time.

You could sim swap to a nano sim in an O2 HighStreet shop and then ask for a sim adapter which is free. This makes the nano sim to a micro sim size.

Also you may need to ask O2 customer services to be put on idata settings so the iPhone works Internet,MMS and visual voicemail wise.

Remember the iPhone 5 won't work on 4g with the O2 network.
Message 2 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Both sims won't work at the same time.
You will have to switch to a nano sim then switch back if you didn't like the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your quick reply to my message. This sounds like a good plan. Thanks. Does it mean then that it will deactivate the original sim if I swap to a nano sim?
Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it does.
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you slight_smile

Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy to help.

I hope your experience goes ok with the iPhone 5.
Message 7 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You will need another new sim if you wish to swap back too as you can't use the same one twice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
The free sim adapter as mentioned can be used to switch from nano to micro sim size to use between phone models.
Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I may just keep my Samsung S4 mini. It all seems too much of a faf. Thanks again for your help.

Message 10 of 23