cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious spam from outside UK

Anonymous
Not applicable
I live in Vancouver, Canada, had received a suspicious spam email as below. The message seems like a scam to me, stay ALERT to the message!!

Subject: Ref: O2M/170327/09

Ref: O2M/170327/09

Dear Winner,

I congratulate you on behalf of the management and staffs of O2 Mobile.

This Promo is brought to you by the leading telecommunication company in the United Kingdom "O2 Mobile". O2 Mobile has gained license to expand her network to the North America region in 2009, this promo is designed to create an awareness of the expansion of O2 network coverage to North America.

23 mobile phone numbers were randomly selected via a computer ballot system. Mobile numbers were picked from Cingular, verizon, T-mobile, Telus Mobility, Aliant Telecom, Sprint mobile, Bell Mobility, Fido, AT&T and Qualcomm. Your mobile number was picked from the 2nd category in the 1st draw, which made you a grand prize winner of Four Hundred and Fifteen Thousand Great Britain Pounds (£415,000.00 GBP).

To facilitate the redemption of your prize, kindly contact our winners verification officer with the following details:

Full Names:
Contact Address/ Tel:
Email:
Winning Mobile Number:

Send information to Mr. Jonathan Lewis
Email: jonalewis@o2.co.uk

Upon receipt of the above information, Mr. Jonathan Lewis will verify your details to ensure you are the registered owner of the winning mobile number. Once these formalities are concluded, your funds will be remitted to you. Please note that your information are highly secured and will not be disclosed to third parties.

For security reasons, we advice all winners to keep this information confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize released to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Be advised.

Regards,
Stephanie Kean.

Promo Department
Phone: 011 (44) 702-406-5549, +(44) 702-406-5549
011 (44) 702-405-4845, +(44) 702-405-4845

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
see link

viewtopic.php?t=16669

Another discussion is in place further down on this page. this seems to be affecting alot of people and is a definate scam.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes this message is of course a scam, as you would not expect to win such a huge sum of money for a contest you never entered.

Also, check the topic that brandysnap mentioned above, I wrote a post there regarding UK 070 numbers (+44 070 ...) and how these are used a lot by scammers - use of such a number in an email should be a big red light indicating a potential scam.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
as spam goes it is pretty badly written in my opinion
Message 4 of 4