Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden drop in data speeds in Glasgow

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Just noticed a significant drop in data speeds in Glasgow town center. 3-4Mbps on 4G (normally getting round 10Mbps on average in that area), and 3G data does not seem to be working at all (showing a full 3G signal though). O2 Network Status does not reveal any issues, all is working fine according to them.

Anyone else experiencing any similar issues right now?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi there @cyrillicguy 

I've investigated it and there is a massive job going on in that area and what you are experiencing is probably the result of the work being done. Unfortunately there's going to be quite a bit of work between the 12/03 and 22/03 so it may get worse...just to let you know....

On the other hand when they finish you will notice the improvements! slight_smile

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A bit of a stab here in guessing the centre of Glasgow is G1?

If so they are working on the masts upgrading to 4G.

Live results for G1

• Our network is currently working fine

If we're doing work on the phone masts near you we'll tell you about it here.

Our Network modernisation programme to improve 2G and 3G coverage and roll out 4G has reached this area. It does mean that you may experience intermittent service on your mobile device while our engineers 'do their thing'.

We’re sorry about that, but we’ll do our best to minimise any impact to your signal.

Updated 17:30 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Or I could be completely wrong.......

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

City of Glasgow is fine ?

Live results for Glasgow, City of Glasgow, Scotland

• Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
      Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
      Good indoors and outdoors.

• Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
      Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
      Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

• Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
      Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.
      Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

A bit of a stab here in guessing the centre of Glasgow is G1?

If so they are working on the masts upgrading to 4G.

Live results for G1

Our Network modernisation programme to improve 2G and 3G coverage and roll out 4G has reached this area. It does mean that you may experience intermittent service on your mobile device while our engineers 'do their thing'.

We’re sorry about that, but we’ll do our best to minimise any impact to your signal.

Or I could be completely wrong.......

G2, G4 actually,  sorry for not clarifying this, although who knows...  my phone could've been connected to some mast which is "assigned"  to a different postcode.. 

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi there @cyrillicguy 

I've investigated it and there is a massive job going on in that area and what you are experiencing is probably the result of the work being done. Unfortunately there's going to be quite a bit of work between the 12/03 and 22/03 so it may get worse...just to let you know....

On the other hand when they finish you will notice the improvements! slight_smile

Message 5 of 8

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

hi there @cyrillicguy 

Thnx for your info.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Anonymous !
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries! Glad I could  help! 

Message 8 of 8