cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Threading The Android Section Again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning All!! slight_smile

I know it was a pain at the start in the old format, But what would you guys all think about sub-threading the Android section again.

I say this because the current Android section (Due to the dominance of Samsung) seems to just be a Samsung thread.

Personally, I'm not much good with Samsung but better on others for advice. Would it make it easier of others to give advice if it was sub-threaded again?

One downside to this that I can see is.  There is more forum interaction in the current format.

Discuss.......

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

If this is not the case it certainly seems like it to us over here (the ones that do all the work for O2 on this board) slight_smile

Couldn't agree more and is why I fell out with Leonard, resulting in my asking for my username to be changed and my not posting anything helpful for many weeks.

The community is provided by O2 for the users of O2 not for the employees of O2, therefore we should be able to decide, within reason, how the community develops.

A dictatorial strategy seems to have been adopted at the concept of Lithium into the way the community is managed and personally I find that unpalatable.

Message 31 of 54

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

A community forum for O2 customers should be to a large degree, community led. This one isn't and there are a lot of people on here who give up a large amount of their time to take the pressure off O2 customer service (and to keep some O2 employees and outsourced staff in employment).

We already had the debacle of the SuperUser issue which left a bad taste in so many mouths and after beta testing the new forum we were dumped on from a great height.

We were asked our opinions on subthreading the forum pages and spent time thinking about the design and putting our thoughts on here. Result..Totally ignored and discarded and a complete waste of everyone's efforts!

So....we carry on, having lost many regulars, until we all decide one-by-one that we have had enough and move on. There is a terrific amount of knowledge and experience available from members on here and making unpalatable decisions runs the risk of losing all that.

Is that really so hard to grasp??

Message 32 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

We already had the debacle of the SuperUser issue which left a bad taste in so many mouths and after beta testing the new forum we were dumped on from a great height.

Hi Jonsie,

What was the definition of a SuperUser on the 02 Community Forum ?

Message 33 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with jonsie, whatever happened to that 2 week review of the forum, any news on the chat training
Message 34 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Thanks for your feedback, and rest assured that we do listen to your suggestions – we’re far away from having a ‘dictatorial’ approach and we try to adapt the community to cater for the community’s needs. However, we also need to apply best practices – or we would really break this place. It’s very much a juggling/balancing job for us.

There is a very simple reason why we aren’t (yet) in a position to create sub-sections – if we did, we’d open ‘ghost towns’ with a very low level of activity, which would be deleterious and impact the whole community. If, for example, we opened a separate section for Samsung, we’d see a minimal level of posts in the Android section, which would undoubtedly put off new comers. Same would apply to PAYG. Please trust us, these best practice rules are tried and tested, we’re not simply adhering to a set of rules imposed by some obscure community entity. Rules are there to be broken – indeed, if the potential benefit is greater than the damage.

It’s not a question of not being open to suggestions or change or experimentation, it’s just that sometimes we – as a community – aren’t quite ready yet for what you guys would like to see implemented. We’re committed to be as open and transparent as we can, please feel free to ask for clarification if sometimes it feels like we’re being “evasive” – it’s certainly not our intention, we just don’t want to bore you with (completely off-topic) discussions on community best practices slight_smile

Message 35 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most of the android section is actually Samsung related & occasionally htc
Message 36 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly, Stuart. Therefore, if we created a separate area for Samsung the Android area would be dead, apart from the occasional HTC post slight_smile

Message 37 of 54

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

But Payg and pay monthly would not suffer the same issues as there are almost the same % of payg and pay monthly around 10million customers each  and I would say nearly a 50% split in questions?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 38 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but the number of posts is not sufficient for a split. If you take a look at the board now, you will notice that it shows threads from the past 3 days - that is a good thing, as it shows good level of interaction and a lively board. If we separated the topics, we'd most probably end up with both showing threads for the past week - not good, it'd give the impression of a very desolated place.

Message 39 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe setting up a poll to see what the majority of the members want would help.

This could highlight both to members and staff what is wanted.

Its all well posting and re posting replies and comments but that wont change things.

Whats happening right now is assumption that things would turn for the worse.

Not until this is put in place can we see if their is any drop in footfall and activity.

Even if its for a short term test period  to find some middle ground !

Just a thought.

Message 40 of 54