cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen delivery HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am a very new customer, and have ordered iPhone X but delivery was picked up by somebody else who lives in my house but not related to me at all, I did't even know his name till now. The delivery driver left the parcel to him while I was on my way from work. He signed for it but as he said he left in in our common area inside our house. Two hours after he picked it up the delivery has gone missing. O2 advisors doesn't help much they say I will have to pay for the contract anyway. For something I've never even seen. Any advise what should I do now? I have reported it to the police but I really don't want to pay £65 monthly for 2 years for something I can't use and it is not me who lost it.  Please HELP

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Did you get a text from the courier with a time of delivery? You would have got a date, could you not have arranged with work to be there that day. 

For a thousand pound phone I would definitely have been there to take delivery. 

Message 31 of 34

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I'm with @jonsie.

Also if you could not be at home could you not have had it delivered to your work address or, if this wasn't possible, arrange to collect it from your local O2 store?

I sympathise with your situation living in a multi-dwelling home myself where I know few of my neighbours and the tenants regularly change. However, if I ordered a £1,000 phone I would have made sure that I was either at home to accept delivery, had it delivered to my work address or collected in-store.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 32 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for strongly highliting that I didn't know him but texted him. Well, getting his name from agency I rent the room from, finding him on facebook and message him it wasn't that difficult as you think

Message 33 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I worked at night and was on my way home. The delivery came earlier as they text it would be. It was at 8am 

Message 34 of 34