cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen delivery HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am a very new customer, and have ordered iPhone X but delivery was picked up by somebody else who lives in my house but not related to me at all, I did't even know his name till now. The delivery driver left the parcel to him while I was on my way from work. He signed for it but as he said he left in in our common area inside our house. Two hours after he picked it up the delivery has gone missing. O2 advisors doesn't help much they say I will have to pay for the contract anyway. For something I've never even seen. Any advise what should I do now? I have reported it to the police but I really don't want to pay £65 monthly for 2 years for something I can't use and it is not me who lost it.  Please HELP

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not all cos he moved out same day. I am pretty sure it is him cos only him and other person were in the house that time. He said he left in in corridor then he advised to me to check in neighbours from other houses and ask driver whom he delivered it to white black or brown guy and if I try to contact him again he will report me for harrasment. But the thing is that I need to pay the bill for the next 2 years and I don't know if there is any way for O2 to delay my payments till the investigation finished and I get my phone or money back from that thief or any regulation who is responsible for all of this situation. O2 for not choosing more secured delivery option and not having insurance with delivery company, or delivery company for not delivering it to me as it was said that I will have to sign for it and if I'm not at home I can rescadule redelivery, or that guy who picked up my delivery signed for it and then lost it. For now O2 blame me for not chosing "pick up" option and simply they don't really want to talk about it. 

I sounds as if you are presuming 'the guy who left the house that same day took your phone with him? If thats the case then it should be reported to the police and it would help to put in a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately no cctv but only two ppl were at home that time. We all working

Message 22 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that's the sharing house and I was sure from my previous experience that they will need to see my ID. The O2 advisor said that it is alright for courier to leave at neighbours or anywhere else imprtant is it has been signed for.

Message 23 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

So anybody can sign and nobody even check if that's real name or not that's not serious

Message 24 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it sound easy but O2 says they can do nothing about it and I have to pay. There  is proof that he took it but he collect it

Message 25 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your time, support and ideas. I will let you guys know how the story will end up. It can happen to anybody and really don't think O2 choose correct delivery option and just leave us alone with it. Just with the bills.. So disappointed with O2..

Message 26 of 34

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

To be honest you're lucky that he signed for it even if it turns out to be a false name. Just this week I've taken in 3 parcel courier deliveries for my neighbours and only one asked for my name and none asked me to sign anything.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 27 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousI am not being facetious but most people (including couriers) are aware that a flagship device has been released...and its quite close to the Christmas season. I had two deliveries go missing at the same time last year from Amazon. It was in November as well. Not accusing ..but just saying....

Luckily Amazon replaced the goods without quibbling...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Attached is a reply to a Business which you may find of use.

Source  signed for parcel but 'not' received | UK Business Forums

1. A signature on the POD is widely accepted as proof that goods have been delivered. However, if your customer is maintaining that he has seen the POD, that is not his signature or anyone elses at that property and is willing to sign a statement to that affect, he may well be telling the truth. If the customer strenuously argued this with the credit card company, paypal or a court there is a good chance he could win his case.
Message 29 of 34

jezza1234
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Its a shame this has happened and I feel for you.

However you have said the you dont know the person you think took your delivery and that you have text messages to prove this(if you dont know him how come you have messages to and from him) 

If there is no proof they actually took it it is your word against theirs which is never good.

Unfortunately, and this may not be what you want to hear, the parcel was signed for at your address. The courier rightly or wrongly left it with someone other than you but then the assumption is that anyone in your house is known to you and trusted by you.

O2 and the courier have fulfilled their contractual obligations to you. 

Your only course is to report as burglary/theft get a crime reference number give the Police this person's; whom you dont know but have been messaging; telephone number and follow the O2 guidelines for reporting your phone lost or stolen. 

Other than that you are stuck I'm affraid as I'm guessing neither you or your landlord has insurance that covers the communal areas of your house? 

Not that this is much use to you now but I always use click and collect from my local O2 store. No problems then as only you or someone you nominate can collect.

Hope you get something sorted

Message 30 of 34