cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen delivery HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am a very new customer, and have ordered iPhone X but delivery was picked up by somebody else who lives in my house but not related to me at all, I did't even know his name till now. The delivery driver left the parcel to him while I was on my way from work. He signed for it but as he said he left in in our common area inside our house. Two hours after he picked it up the delivery has gone missing. O2 advisors doesn't help much they say I will have to pay for the contract anyway. For something I've never even seen. Any advise what should I do now? I have reported it to the police but I really don't want to pay £65 monthly for 2 years for something I can't use and it is not me who lost it.  Please HELP

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

He signed for it but as he said he left in in our common area inside our house. Two hours after he picked it up the delivery has gone missing.

If this "common area" is behind a locked front door then how many people can access that area without any of the occupants knowing ?.......surely the police have interviewed all the occupiers ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@adamtemp64

The problem is that you see adverts all the time from people willing to buy barred phones. They can obviously unlock them somehow or they go overseas where I'm sure they get unlocked and used with local sims. I'm not sure but I don't think the barring works overseas and is effective only in the UK. Now I'm not sur

E how all this works with iPhone and Apples strict policies. 

Message 12 of 34

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie I expect the imei bar etc on an non activated iphone wil be very difficult to use due to the apple sandbox etc . 

But as @Beenherebefore suggests it will have to be an inside job so to speak 

@Anonymous I hope you get this resolved . Do you have a landlord or  letting agent for the common area etc (any cctv )

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 13 of 34

a_hcir
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@PhoneChanger wrote:
You would need to prove (and i'm not sure how) that you do not know that person and have never known that person for O2 to still be liable (and then it becomes the courier rather than O2).

I'm not sure how proof that the person recieving the goods is unknown can shift the burden to the courier or O2.  If this were an expectation of a courier service you'd need to be ID checked for each parcel you recieved or the purchaser have to nominate known persons to recieve stuff on your behalf.  

Message 14 of 34

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@Anonymous I hope you get this resolved . Do you have a landlord or  letting agent for the common area etc (any cctv )

This is a piece of sound advice.  If you're confident enough, let the person who stole it know that you'll let your landlord know. If that doesn't force them to return it, produce the tracking evidence to your landlord.  It's likely that they wouldn't want a thief upsetting the other tenants in an HMO.

Message 15 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, put bars on all services and blocked the phone, but I still have to pay full price of £65 monthly and paid upfront cost too. And can't even get any discount or anything from them

Message 16 of 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not sure about this one if honest. The op says the person who signed for it lives in his house but they didn't know his name. Is it a shared house? When a family member lived in that type of accomodation he was told he had to be there to sign for it..unless he gave the name of a designated person to receive it on his behalf.  (This was Vodafone)

So I'm not sure who is at fault here?...The courier, or the unknown person who apparently signed for it. Certainly the loss (or theft) of a £1000 phone needs a lot more investigation...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not all cos he moved out same day. I am pretty sure it is him cos only him and other person were in the house that time. He said he left in in corridor then he advised to me to check in neighbours from other houses and ask driver whom he delivered it to white black or brown guy and if I try to contact him again he will report me for harrasment. But the thing is that I need to pay the bill for the next 2 years and I don't know if there is any way for O2 to delay my payments till the investigation finished and I get my phone or money back from that thief or any regulation who is responsible for all of this situation. O2 for not choosing more secured delivery option and not having insurance with delivery company, or delivery company for not delivering it to me as it was said that I will have to sign for it and if I'm not at home I can rescadule redelivery, or that guy who picked up my delivery signed for it and then lost it. For now O2 blame me for not chosing "pick up" option and simply they don't really want to talk about it. 

Message 18 of 34

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, put bars on all services and blocked the phone, but I still have to pay full price of £65 monthly and paid upfront cost too. And can't even get any discount or anything from them

You'll still be able to get a new SIM so you can at least get the service you're paying for.

Cleoriff made an interesting point - if this were a registered HMO maybe there would have been more diligence from the courier.  Are you by any chance living in an unregistered HMO?

Message 19 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

He moved out same day two days before his contract finished and nobody from the house knew about it

Message 20 of 34