cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen delivery HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am a very new customer, and have ordered iPhone X but delivery was picked up by somebody else who lives in my house but not related to me at all, I did't even know his name till now. The delivery driver left the parcel to him while I was on my way from work. He signed for it but as he said he left in in our common area inside our house. Two hours after he picked it up the delivery has gone missing. O2 advisors doesn't help much they say I will have to pay for the contract anyway. For something I've never even seen. Any advise what should I do now? I have reported it to the police but I really don't want to pay £65 monthly for 2 years for something I can't use and it is not me who lost it.  Please HELP

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You have no option other than pay. O2 delivered and was signed for by someone you knew. That then became your responsibility and liability. 

It is now a legal matter and hopefully the police can help. O2 fulfilled their responsibility to supply and deliver to you so have every right to expect payment. 

Presumably you reported it as stolen and the adviser took the necessary steps to block the phone. Take a visit to Citizens Advice Bureau for further advice. 

Message 2 of 34

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If you have a crime reference and can prove non delivery to you personally i.e. you did not know the person who signed for it ask o2 to chase this with the courier (you only found out who the person was after the delivery not before). If not do you have any insurance that covers theft . 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 34

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Make sure it's properly reported as stolen too
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it wasn't delivered to me and it is not me who signed for it 

Message 5 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I didn't get any insurance with O2 and wanted add it to my insurance with my bank once I know serial number and all details. Yes i have crime number but they say they can't do anything and I have to pay it which is not right. I wasn't expecting they can leave phone worth £1000 with neigbours or whoever and say it is not their problem anymore

Message 6 of 34

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Go to CAB for advice on your options. If you say this guy is unknown to you then they may be able to advise as to negligence by the courier and ultimately O2 as they use the courier but O2 are responsible and therefore they haven't fulfilled their obligations. 

Message 7 of 34

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
As far as the courier knows this was delivered to your address, and it would be a fair assumption from them that you would know anyone living in your home.

You would need to prove (and i'm not sure how) that you do not know that person and have never known that person for O2 to still be liable (and then it becomes the courier rather than O2).

Sadly without insurance you will be stuck and liable to O2 for all payments for the contract. You could try claiming on your home contents insurance, but again this might prove challenging but worth a try non the less.
Message 8 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know this guy and I have all msgs between me and him where I can prove it. Thank you for your advice Jonsie

Message 9 of 34

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I Feel the key here is the fact it was a shared area and not your own door when you get deliveries is this the norm for parcles to be left in an insecure area or do the couriers only deliver to your door etc . 

You have not signed for the delivery and I would pursue this with the police as long as the phone has been barred from all networks by o2 (who will know the s/n sent) the phone is worthless to the thief etc and may well mysteriously appear . 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 34