cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a phone stolen last night and have been trying to get my handset blocked, I phoned o2 just after the incident and they said a block had taken place on the handset. When I phoned them the following morning they said that they were unable to put a block on the handset if the sim card is not in the phone, they told me to phone the police and give them my IMEI number, which I did, so they can block the phone. After I phoned the police I phoned o2 back up and I spoke to a different person who said the block has already taken place on the phone and that people cannot look on there etc, this was before I had given any IMEI number to her. Im very sorry to go on but there is pictures on my phone of my little brother and sister which I do not want some idiot seeing, and also having access to my mum's phone number etc. Basically what I would like to know is if a block could of taken place without the IMEI number in the first place because I have been told so many different things. Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
A block doesn't stop people from looking through your phone, it just stops people from making calls and sending texts. The network has a record of the IMEI of the phone you last used.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke to a man who said that if the sim card is in the phone at the time when they block it, that it blocks the phone also. Then the woman I phoned from o2 said that nobody can look through your phone or access it in anyway at all until the phone is either found or unblocked.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
And they also said that when I phoned them up to give them the reference number from the police that the phone is already blocked and that the IMEI is only for insurance purposes and is not needed as they can block ANY use of the phone, and I specifically asked the lady if they can even look on my phonebook and she said they couldn't. Have I been told something wrong?
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
See this earlier thread on the same subject:

http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=19819

It may or may not help slight_smile

SV
Message 5 of 5