cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staff incompetence, compounded by corporate indifference.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone crashed on Sunday 25th June, I went into the O2 store in Richmond on Monday 26th who took the phone in and said it would take between 5-10 days to repair. I was not offered an loan phone. I went into the Richmond O2 store today to find out what was happening with my phone, the staff put me through to the repair centre. The repair centre informed me that they had only received the phone that day! 9 days later. They then said my warranty was invalid because the case was cracked, yet I have a receipt from the Richmond store saying my phone was in perfect working condition when I hand it over to them.
The staff in the store where beyond unless. I contacted live chat on 02 and spoke to someone in India who said someone would get back to me in 3 day(now 12 days without a phone) I do not want apologies, just someone taking ownership and responsibility. I would have to say 02 are totally indifferent to customer issues, built on the incompetence of its staff! Go any where else but O2, Corporate arrogance personified!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
It's a common complaint with o2's repairers and we always recommend customers go to the manufacturer for repairs because of this reason.
I suggest you lodge a complaint with Resolver now as you could be in for a long wait if left to o2.
https://www.resolver.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122891 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

No improvement at all with O2 repairers then? The constant criticism of appalling service just falls on deaf ears.

Yes I know we have had the occasional customer who are satisfied with their service... but the majority seem to have major problems. The way they continue to claim additional faults with phones is nothing short of fraud in my opinion.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does this not surprise me? O2 need to think about their repair strategies as they don’t seem to work 

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Mr Pembridge-Hore 

Thank you for contacting Ombudsman Services about your complaint.

The information you have provided is now recorded on our system. Your case reference number is [Removed]

Please put this case reference number in the subject line of any emails you send to us as this will help us to process the information efficiently.

Yours Sincerely

Ombudsman Services

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3007 Solutions
You do realise that ofcom will turn down your complaint, and refer you back to o2.

This is due to you not following the due process and getting into deadlock with o2.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6