Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam number 0161 507 2862

Morty57
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Had call from above number thinking odd foreign accent this is O2 in Manchester saying how you getting on with your O2 and to go through details I didn't answer when he mentioned my name I didn't reply saying it only take a minute my reply am at work but still wanted to talk repeated again am working and put the phone down. Please be careful.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Morty57 

You did well not listening to him. Do not take out any contract over the phone. Just block the number and if you want to report it via this route https://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/digital-family/nuisance-calls-and-texts

If you look here it has been reported a number of times https://who-called.co.uk/Number/01615072862

Probably a so called trusted partner of O2. They actually aren't to be trusted at all as they will try and sell you a business contract.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You did right hanging up. I think it's shyster business practice claiming to be O2, block the number and as you say, people need to be careful.

Message 3 of 5

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

@Morty57 wrote:
Had call from above number thinking odd foreign accent this is O2 in Manchester saying how you getting on with your O2 and to go through details I didn't answer when he mentioned my name I didn't reply saying it only take a minute my reply am at work but still wanted to talk repeated again am working and put the phone down. Please be careful.

Very Well Handled @Morty57 ~ glad you came here to ask the Community you will get

great advice and a welcome yahoo

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Morty57  Well handled, and please heed the advice of the others. General rule of thumb is never agree to anything from a cold caller, no matter who they say they are. This applies to all cold calls from anyone purporting to be from any company.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5