cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony experia ultra z review

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I recieved my parcel to try out the ultra z and when we opened it as wife was going to use it rather than me. We was a little shocked at how big it was.

Overall the ultra is a very good phone.
Screen nice and clear very gd for watching videos.
Battery is very reasonable for the size of screen would last for a day at least.
Operating system is good (first time with high end andriod) smooth and fast when opening apps.
Speaker having only one is a bit rubbish if you want to watch films on the ultra. It would benefit from having two. But if connected to a bluetooth speaker or headphones sound is very gd.
Camera is good

My wife has used it mainly with her kindle app.
I would recommend this phone to somone who is maybe on a budget and wants a tablet/phone but maybe can't afford to get both. This is not a phone that will be put in your trousers pocket, it will need to be in a school bag or handbag. If you are looking for a tablet, phone and e-reader all in one this is the phone for you.

Overall my wife likes the phone and is now looking at the z3.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee179/mini_bus1/d019aec41c9361dff17fe701e61504fc_zps8d952c13.jpg
Our kindle hd the ultra and my Q10 as a comparison of size.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your review.

The bigger phones / phablets can certainly get some getting used to !

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Being a fan of bigger screen size since I got the Note 2 I did find the Xperia Z Ultra too big to be honest. As it came with no case and glass back and front I was a little uncomfortable putting it in my pocket. No doubting the quality at all but it wasn't for me to be honest.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
would be great for camping, holidays or business trips if u wanted Internet access while out and about.
College or uni as u can stick it in your bag.
Message 4 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Thanks for the review, it's hard to find those who like the ultra (i don't, an i love sony stuff) but really good that your wife got on with it, and didn't find the overall size unappealing. And thankfully the operating system hasn't changed so...(she'd love the z3)
Again, many Thanks for your review.
Message 5 of 5