Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I upgraded my handset

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

So after a while I finally upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S10 128GB. I find it easy to use and quick enough which is all good. Battery life is good especially in middle settings. 

The cameras are ok I suppose although that was not my main reason. The model I have uses the Exynos chipset rather than Snapdragon 855 as in the rest of the world. I will post some photographs when I get a chance. If possible I also want to get myself a Oneplus 7(T) Pro in the future.

News feeds are now showing Galaxy S11 in the rumour feeds too.

What I have found on use of it so far, everything you do is quick. Occasionally it will pause when swapping or losing connection to a 4G network. Wi-Fi performance over my broadband yields 110Mbps down and 10Mbps up.

Performance wise  when using AnTuTu 8 benchmark it ranks in the top 15 . 3DMark by UL Benchmarks also yields good results. Only Snapdragon 855 Plus and faster processors will dwarf it slightly alas we all know synthetic numbers are all conjecture.

Swapping between apps is quick using the III icon which is always good.

Anyway back to Samsung again. Only took me 5 years.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’d love to give Samsung a go, but I’m so skeered to leave iMessage behind!
Message 2 of 4

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
I recently moved from iPhone to Android, I do miss Apple features like iMessage and find my friends (yes I know you can do this via Google Maps, but its not as straight forward). My biggest regret (or bug bear) is you simply cannot find any wearable which is like the Apple Watch, this is something Apple have got spot on and sadly Wear OS is some pace behind.
Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Congratulations on your new handset, and good to hear you like it! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4