Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smashed device

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I had an accident with my Galaxy S20+ (which isn't insured, kinda thought it was pointless as for years I've paid for insurance for no reason... Sods law!) and my screen is completely dead. I've got no picture on it and it's all smashed.

Anyone have a rough idea on how much these cost to fix? Just wondering if it's worth fixing it or not. I'm rubbish at DIY so wouldn't dream of attempting something like this myself.

Thanks 🙂
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy Not insuring a phone costing as much as that one was a big mistake. If it's as smashed as you say it is, there's no way of knowing how much a repair would run unless you sent it off for an estimate. There could be internal damage as well as the smashed screen. Sounds as if you now own a very expensive doorstop.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

O2Sarah
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
@SamsungFanBoy that is bad news 😔

You can drop it into an O2 shop and they can send it away for a quote. This can be rejected if you don’t want to work carried out.

Message 3 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Hello @SamsungFanBoy
So sorry to hear about your phone. I think good idea from o2Sarah at least it's a start. Sometimes there are local repair shops too.
Good luck make sensible choices though so difficult. TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Problem is @SamsungFanBoy  and as you know, unless the repair is carried out by Samsung or O2. it will void your warranty.

So sorry this has happened. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I'm not really bothered about any warranties being voided etc as I'm just gonna get it repaired to keep as a spare or something. I wasn't overly happy with the phone as some of you may have seen from my previous posts. I've downgraded to the S10+ which in my opinion, is a better device full stop. It doesn't weigh as much, it doesn't have bad speakers, the battery doesn't drain like crazy.

Was literally just wondering if anyone knew an average price to fix?

I'll contact Samsung directly next week to see what they say.
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy 

If you aren't bothered about the warranty then a mobile phone repair shop is probably going to be cheaper.  My son paid £55 to have his repaired in town.

Funnily enough, it was a S10 which was out of warranty.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7