Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smashed IPhone Screen O2 Insurance Excellent Service

Butterflyxx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so 4 months ago i purchased my very first IPhone 6 on contract & i absolutely love the fone so last week it slipped out my hands & i cracked the screen this was on the thursday so i called o2 customer service who said the insurance line closed at 7:00pm but will open at 9:00am so the following friday morning i called them up & they were so helpful so i pay £8.50 a month for insurance & that covers me for any damages like broken screens etc so they wanted a briefe discription of what happened this is phase 1. so i told them i dropped my phone and cracked the screen the very helpful guy on the phone said thats perfectly ok dont panick as you have our newest insurance & are covered  so phase 2 was explaining to me that he will send a courier out to my address & collect my smashed iPhone and for a charge of £45 pound taken off my next monthly phone bill i can do a door swap were i hand my old fone over to the courier & get my new one their & then or i could pay £20 & wait 4 to 5 days on my replacement phone arriving so i said ok il pay the extra it was very easy & not stressful at all so phase 3. was  i had to do was disable the find my iphone & they send you an email showing you how to do it its very easy & the you take the sim card out & lastly reset the fone completely and back up anything u wanted to keep on icloud i went to an o2 shop because i didnt have a clue how to back anything up & they done it for me then after that i was told to put it in a padded envalope with the refference number that they give to you over the phone & in email & you write it on the front then that was it so the last phase was half an hour after the phonecall i get 2 emails one showing me how to disable the turn the find my iphone off d another sayig my insurance was approved then on the monday DPD courier come gave me my new phone i gave them my smashed one & she also got me to open a jiffy bag she gave me to put my phone in and that was it excellent service very impressed  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

A couple of years ago I had a bike accident and my phone, which was in my bag, got some screen damage when I fell off on black ice.  I phoned O2 insurance and they were excellent.  I explained what happened and they immediately processed my replacement.  I got my replacement phone within a day or 2.  So I was very pleased.

This was only the second time I've ever claimed on phone insurance. The first time being with Orange before I joined O2 about 15+ years ago. They give me the 3rd degree, TWICE! Before I eventually got a replacement about 3 weeks later.

Thanks

Steve
Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
So the higher premium you pay.. the larger the delivery cost. Seems a bit backward, well no.. this is o2 who charge higher prices for the same tariff on more expensive phones..
Message 12 of 12