Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartphone Lemons

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35248 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Here's a link to an interesting article about what Smartphones are best avoided, if you'd rather not fork out good money for one that's, at best, mediocre:

Lemon or Leader?

This link goes out to the Tech Republic website. 

Screenshot_20180719-211727__01.jpg

Screenshot_20180719-211707__01.jpg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d agree on all iPhones in that list apart from the 7 Plus. I currently have that phone & I think it’s the best one from that particular selection 

Message 2 of 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Personally I'd avoid all iPhones like the plague.

Surprising the S7's in the top 5, I thought it was a good phone, though I've no personal experience.

Always a good idea to get as much info as you can on a phone before buying. I love Samsung but I still read all the gen on their latest phone. Not just the fluff from Samsung but the pros and cons from the 'experts'. Saves a lot of future heartache.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122395 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My husband has the S7 and never had a problem with it at all...So did my grandson who now has the S9+

I would never have any type of iPhone....I have had a Samsung since I started using smartphones

My motto is, if it ain't broke....it doesn't need fixing cool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone’s experience is likely to be different I suppose, which is why these kind of reviews need to be taken with a pinch of salt. That said, my iPhone 7 did fail in the first six months of its life, but its replacement is still going strong. The important thing is that you have confidence in the warranty and aftercare service, and that’s where some manufacturers really come up short. 

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Allus had Nokia phones until my 650lte did a swim to the bottom of a dirty canal slight_frown

Now have an Xperia1L ... it was @Cleoriff who said I'd never go back to a Nokia ... = ... Cleo is right ... it is a very easy phone to use ... & ... GET ME = I now can speak with my voice ie 'OK Google' & I ask it a question using my voice & not does it only answer me back using a voice it gives me the info in script form

I also agree in many a situation = If it aint broke don't fix it

iAnything is bound to be very expensive & any machine which can do wonderful, many things has more things which can go wrong with it

Wispa' feeling proud of herself' ... Pride is a Sin ... Pride comes before a Fall 

Edited for spelling

Message 6 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35248 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
The article says the stats were from returns, so I am sure the phones mentioned are up at the top of the list because they are popular models/makes.

Probably best taken with a pinch of salt, as @Anonymous says.

I returned 4 (four!) HTC One Mini phones in the first 6 weeks, as cracks began to appear around the buttons on the side of the phone. Great phone, poor material used to hold the top and back of the phone together.
Message 7 of 7