cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky salesman

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a knock at the door yesterday from a Sky salesman, he said he was in the area & that as I was a former customer he wanted to see if he could interest me in a new deal.

I said I had never been a Sky customer, he asked if I had been an O2 home phone / broadband customer which I replied yes.

I mentioned I had left O2 when Sky bought the broadband & homephone out as I wanted nothing to do with Sky, he sounded disappointed then went on about how he could do me a great deal on fast fibre broadband, homephone & tv.

I stopped him in his tracks with the following facts:

1) I can't get a Sky satellite signal due to trees.

2) Plusnet who im now with are far cheaper.

3) Sky lock you in to there router.

I told him he was wasting his time so he said his goodbye & left.

Anybody else had a Sky salesman at the door with there details already on there database thanks to O2? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just coming out of Sky Tv after nearly 25 years because of the costs going up.

I certainly wouldn't sign up with them for Broadband. It took them nearly two weeks to send out a new router to my friend. Atrocious.

I'll stick with Bt Infinity !
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd expect this to just be a cold-caller who is just working his way down the street knocking on doors and using the good old "used to be a Sky customer" line. if that doesnt work he'd then move onto the "O2 Home phone/Broadband customer" line...and if that didnt work then he'd still have offered you the great deal on fibre broadband Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm just coming out of Sky Tv after nearly 25 years because of the costs going up.

I certainly wouldn't sign up with them for Broadband. It took them nearly two weeks to send out a new router to my friend. Atrocious.

I'll stick with Bt Infinity !

I just moved my phone and broadband from Sky back to BT. The engineer is scheduled to arrive tomorrow to upgrade me to Infinity. I moved back to BT because I want BT Sport, and could have it for free for a year if I have BT's phone and broadband. Also Sky wouldn't offer me any kind of discount if I went fibre with them. I too am a long standing customer and I'm not happy about the price hike in September. I'm cutting out the Movie channels to compensate. 

What has annoyed me is that Sky have been falling over themselves with offers to O2 phone and broadband customers, and existing customers have been offered nothing. They will get much less per month from me now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I've signed up for Bt Sport too.

The HD part is free for a year if you sign up before 1/8/13.

With Sky they cleverly interconnect sky channels so there's a good chance if you turn off one part of the package it affects another !!
Message 5 of 11

Bambino
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I'm fairly certain I will only lose the movie channels. When I check online it's still saying I have all the HD channels, as I still have Sky Sport. I watch a lot of sport on ESPN, which BT Sport are now going to have, although not as much as Sky used to show. It's the main reason why I've moved to BT. If I'm desperate to watch films I can get Netflix or Love Film. They're cheaper per month than Sky Movies anyway.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only issue I know of with those movie providers is when you want to cancel the subscription ,they are notoriously hard to speak to !

TBH with the Sky Movies pack I watched the odd Premiere movie.

I won't miss it one bit.

For what I used I'm better off with the free to air channels , Bt Sport and £55 in my pocket extra per month.

It'll pay or my next iPhone !

wink
Message 7 of 11

Bambino
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The only issue I know of with those movie providers is when you want to cancel the subscription ,they are notoriously hard to speak to !

TBH with the Sky Movies pack I watched the odd Premiere movie.

I won't miss it one bit.

For what I used I'm better off with the free to air channels , Bt Sport and £55 in my pocket extra per month.

wink

I would have thought that signing up or cancelling could be done online without having to speak to anyone. There are plenty of free movie channels on Sky anyway, so I'm not in a rush to sign up to another service anyway.

And you will definitely need that extra £55 per month for your next iPhone. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

wink

{shakes head in disgust} :smileywink::smileytongue:

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate sales men, I almost told a very persistant sales bloke from Talk Talk to go away when he rang me TWICE after I initially put the phone down on him after I'd said "not interested" to what he'd tried to sell me.

But I've been a Sky+ HD customer since Christmas 2007 anyway, full package including all the sports channels because I watch WWE and the movie channels for various Disney fillms and other stuff.

Message 10 of 11