Did you mean: 

Sim-Only contract

AmD7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Planning to switch from a o2 refresh contract, which ends soon, to a sim-only contract.

Thoughts on the sim-only contract? Is it easy to set up and would those on a sim-only contract recommend it?

thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AmD7 

I have been simo for years. Best way to go imho.

Just upgrade through your MyO2 to the simo of your choice.

You'll keep the same SIM and number etc as it's all changed on O2's system.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @AmD7 

I have been both on a pay monthly contract and sim only. I chose sim only when there was no phone I was interested in purchasing and, as I make few phone calls, the sim only contract suited me fine.

If you are not planning to change phones when your refresh contract comes to an end, then sim only is the way to go. And I can certainly recommend it as someone who was quite happy with my sim only deal.

Check out the sim only deals in store to see what suits by way of data offered. If you see a deal that suits, you can then either contact customer services or go in store to switch when your current pay monthly contract comes to an end.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm not sure the current simo deals are very good value at the moment. It may be better going through Retentions by choosing the option to leave when you call. At the very least I would hope you get a loyalty discount on the present deals. If you don't ask, you don't get.

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AmD7 

I've also been sim only for years. If people can afford to buy their phone outright, or even have a phone of their own already, it's really is the best way to go.

I have a 12 month contract which I'm perfectly happy with and tend to upgrade when O2 have the simo sales on.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

No Question for me Sim only

@AmD7 

I bought my mobile phone from the Samsung Shop

I like the freedom.