cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature, avatar and other profile customisation!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, how's your week been? Smiley Happy

I've seen some members here on the community, especially regular members, who have added their own avatar, signature, and even changed the profile card image that's displayed behind the avatar to make it their own. I love seeing some customisation there and would love to see more!

On our forum you can customise the following things via the My Settings page - these will be visible on your profile page as well as on the posts you make when participating in discussions:

• Avatar: you can upload your own avatar or use one of the default ones. (I've uploaded mine, made it with one of those avatar makers that you can find online and saved the image)
  • Signature: you can write a piece of text you want to display at the bottom of each post you make (you can use HTML too) - like what I have at the bottom of this post!
  • Profile Card: you can use one of the default images or upload your own one to display on the left-hand side of each post you make, behind your avatar picture.

Additionally, in your Personal Profile settings, you can add a brief description about yourself in the biography field, as well as which mobile devices you're currently using in the Devices field. Smiley Happy These will be displayed on your main profile page.

I understand that there are a lot of settings available and it might not be the easiest task to customise things, so I thought we could help each other in this topic. So please do ask if you want to customise something in your profile but you're not sure how - those of us who have done it before can then help you out! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It would @Marjo and stop us having to break 'the enigma code' to get a coloured signature Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

"KISS: Keep It Simple, Stupid" is an adage that goes a long way, something simpler would be good, I second @Cleoriff's opinion above.

Message 12 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

"KISS: Keep It Simple, Stupid" is an adage that goes a long way, something simpler would be good, I second @Cleoriff's opinion above.

Great signature @pgn...I needed a magnifying glass to read it....then it all made perfect sense...joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 15

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Oooh. It's a work in progress, I think it's safe to say @CleoriffthinkingAstounded

Message 14 of 15

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Profile Card? Long gone, need an edit? 😖😆

Message 15 of 15