cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature, avatar and other profile customisation!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, how's your week been? Smiley Happy

I've seen some members here on the community, especially regular members, who have added their own avatar, signature, and even changed the profile card image that's displayed behind the avatar to make it their own. I love seeing some customisation there and would love to see more!

On our forum you can customise the following things via the My Settings page - these will be visible on your profile page as well as on the posts you make when participating in discussions:

• Avatar: you can upload your own avatar or use one of the default ones. (I've uploaded mine, made it with one of those avatar makers that you can find online and saved the image)
  • Signature: you can write a piece of text you want to display at the bottom of each post you make (you can use HTML too) - like what I have at the bottom of this post!
  • Profile Card: you can use one of the default images or upload your own one to display on the left-hand side of each post you make, behind your avatar picture.

Additionally, in your Personal Profile settings, you can add a brief description about yourself in the biography field, as well as which mobile devices you're currently using in the Devices field. Smiley Happy These will be displayed on your main profile page.

I understand that there are a lot of settings available and it might not be the easiest task to customise things, so I thought we could help each other in this topic. So please do ask if you want to customise something in your profile but you're not sure how - those of us who have done it before can then help you out! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92920 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

There you go @Cleoriff, you will be fine now 😉😉😉

No I'll still ask you to do mine @jonsie Far quicker ...joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also as good as that information Is @Marjo there is absolutely nothing about using colour in your signature.

The current method needs a degree in somesuch to work that out...joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good point @Cleoriff! I could write something up in this topic about how I put colour and links, images etc in signature, at some point. If any of you is interested in helping with this one though, feel free! slight_smile

Message 5 of 15

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
If I had any idea how to do it I would @Marjo, but I haven't a clue 😁

And I would also appreciate learning how you put colour in your signature. I worked out how to upload a non-O2 avatar and uploaded my own profile card. Both after much hard work. But colour and images in your signature, no clue.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 15

jonsie
  • 92920 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Useful site here. Just use the prefixes as outlined around the normal signature

https://htmlcolorcodes.com/tutorials/html-text-color/

Thats a damn interesting site @jonsie but I still think you need a 'somesuch' degree to work it out Shocked  I will continue leaving mine for you to do. LOL

(I just think it would be so much easier if we had a palette of colours as we do when posting here like this )

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

jonsie
  • 92920 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Thats a damn interesting site @jonsie but I still think you need a 'somesuch' degree to work it out Shocked  I will continue leaving mine for you to do. LOL

(I just think it would be so much easier if we had a palette of colours as we do when posting here like this )

But you are guilty of thinking Lithium capable of this LOL

Message 9 of 15

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

But you are guilty of thinking Lithium capable of this LOL

It's being looked at if something like that for the signature field is possible to add or not. We'll let you know what they find out. slight_smile Would certainly make things easier!

Message 10 of 15