cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

For a while now me, my wife and my father have all been having issues with our signal. My wife has spoken to many different people on the phone about the issue and have been told different things everytime.

We used to get a H+ data signal and perfect call signal in our town and now we are lucky if we get a G data signal and and calls at all. We have found that although we get calls they are intermittent and most of teh time we just get the no signal icon.

The previous call to the last one made we was told that there was no issues in our area and that they had contacted the local area and asked if there was any masts down, we were told that there was none. I then looked on the o2 status web page and it showed that there was a mast down. So we had received some incorrect information from the person on the other end of the phone.

My wife has become ever so more annoyed with the loss of signal and called Friday to try and find out again why we had issues connecting to calls and receiving data when away from a wifi connection. This time she was told that there was a mast down in the area and it isn't a priority to fix as it was "at capacity" and no time frame has been applied to fixing the issue.

As loyal customers with O2 for over 10 years  we think that this is quite discusting that you can be told that service to us is not a priority.

I am nearing my upgrade in May and thinking that I am looking at getting the new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge I feel that there is no point to continue with my loyalty as I can't use my phone unless I am on a wifi connection or I am lucky enough to get a signal.

To put it bluntly we are "PAYING FOR A SERVICE WE ARE NOT RECEIVING"!!!!

We are paying a monthly contract and not being able to use it to it's fullest because "it's not a priority" to fix a mast that is down.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Just have a read through this self help guide. Its quite comprehensive and may provide you with other information http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M59833

I know you have checked the status but as I say it is quite informative...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 39

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23077 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous
I don't know the answer to that i'm affraid.

@Bambino
My phone is locked to O2, but this obviously down't help my wife and father who are in the same boat + many others that are in the town on O2.

@Anonymous if your phone isn't an iPhone 6 or 6+ you can easily get it unlocked:

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 22 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also if a mast has been decommissioned in your area o2 complaints will almost certainly allow you to leave penalty free
Message 23 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144351 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
It's the terrain wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can it be Rich if it were fine 3 months ago? ?
Message 25 of 39

MI5
  • 144351 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

It's too flat Smiley Frustrated

The nearest base station is quite a distance from your postcode....

cell.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to be pedantic Rich but sane question again
Message 27 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

A lot of interesting answers here but I'm going to ruin the fun now...

The reason why you have been given conflicting inf from CS about the masts and the app showing that all is fine , is because you have 2 masts there that are around the same distance from you. Clay lake is 0.964 km from ur post code,Spalding is 1.244 km away. Clay lake is ok although not perfect but the main issue is Spalding.

It has not been decommissioned,and it's not getting 4g any time soon. This is an unplanned outage so no upgrades being made. About the priority issue, all outages are priority. Like someone said,why would O2 want to upset customers on purpose and pushing them to leave? The reason why it doesn't have an end date is because they don't know when they will finish fixing it. The only thing I can suggest is to register your details with customer services to get updates on your email about theprogression of the work being done. Hope this helps. slight_smile

Message 28 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Super update @rosadosc.

The op data it has been like this for 3 months. Assuming that is correct, seems a long time for a fix even by o2's standards. ....
Message 29 of 39

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

That's far more information than anyone can get from customer service and you have to ask why?

I'm sure the OP will be grateful as we all are for the actual cause of the issue @Anonymous but wouldn't it be good for everyone if they could get details like this when they have signal issues.

Message 30 of 39