cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

For a while now me, my wife and my father have all been having issues with our signal. My wife has spoken to many different people on the phone about the issue and have been told different things everytime.

We used to get a H+ data signal and perfect call signal in our town and now we are lucky if we get a G data signal and and calls at all. We have found that although we get calls they are intermittent and most of teh time we just get the no signal icon.

The previous call to the last one made we was told that there was no issues in our area and that they had contacted the local area and asked if there was any masts down, we were told that there was none. I then looked on the o2 status web page and it showed that there was a mast down. So we had received some incorrect information from the person on the other end of the phone.

My wife has become ever so more annoyed with the loss of signal and called Friday to try and find out again why we had issues connecting to calls and receiving data when away from a wifi connection. This time she was told that there was a mast down in the area and it isn't a priority to fix as it was "at capacity" and no time frame has been applied to fixing the issue.

As loyal customers with O2 for over 10 years  we think that this is quite discusting that you can be told that service to us is not a priority.

I am nearing my upgrade in May and thinking that I am looking at getting the new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge I feel that there is no point to continue with my loyalty as I can't use my phone unless I am on a wifi connection or I am lucky enough to get a signal.

To put it bluntly we are "PAYING FOR A SERVICE WE ARE NOT RECEIVING"!!!!

We are paying a monthly contract and not being able to use it to it's fullest because "it's not a priority" to fix a mast that is down.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Welcome to the community, we are all customers here like yourself.

If a mast is down, then that means there is a fault and o2 will want to fix it.

If a mast is at capacity then o2 will be aware of it but from experience they won't upgrade until the network modernisation team reach your area.

Are you in a city town or village may I ask?

Message 2 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, 

We live in Passfield and literally get no signal whatsoever until we go outside the house and wander down teh road. My neighbours must think I'm mad always wandering out in my slipper with my phone in the air!!

Message 3 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are in a town.

Message 4 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you know if a local mast has been decommissioned at all? O2 and Vodafone share a project called Cornerstone and where there are duplications then some masts have been removed?

Message 5 of 39

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23078 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

We are all customers here. Sadly, this is a problem we have seen posted here many times before. You can use this link to make a complaint: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

If you're nearing your time to upgrade and your phone is unlocked, you could try a Pay & Go sim from another network and see if you get a better signal. If you do, vote with your feet and switch networks. Loyalty counts for nothing these days. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

I agree, in this day and age and we are still having to walk around looking like we are mad holding phones in the air.

Never had an issue until about Dec last year. I got my father moved over to o2 because they had good signal and now feel like I have led him down the wrong path.
Message 7 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thinking about this logically. If your service was affected by congestion you would still see h+ on your device (or h) but when you tried to use it, little would happen so I think you can rule out congestion.

I think either the 3g cell on your local mast is down in which case call 202 and ask to be put through to Network Services top find out more (you may get fobbed off and told you can't be put through, it's a load of tosh and they should put you through). Network Services will be able to tell you if it is a mast fault but won't give repair timetables I'm afraid.

If it is a decommissioned mast then again Network Services can tell you whereas Customer Services won't have access to that info
Message 8 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume you get 3g if you go to other areas with your phones? You haven't accidentally set them to gsm only?
Message 9 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous
I don't know the answer to that i'm affraid.

@Bambino
My phone is locked to O2, but this obviously down't help my wife and father who are in the same boat + many others that are in the town on O2.
Message 10 of 39