Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Enquiry

Redbrock
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a colleague that works in one of your branches in Lancashire and due to the unforseen weather this morning they were unable to get into work on time. They suggested they would get a taxi in but they stopped running. However the manager has said they would have to take a days holiday and will be reported. Is this the correct procedure you take on such a matter especially when they were more than willing to go in. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Sorry but this is a customer to customer community and you are not taking to o2.
Something of this nature needs to be addressed with HR or loca management.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Hi @Redbrock.

This is not O2 you are speaking to. This is a customer forum and as customers we're not really able to comment on O2's staffing policies.

Your friend would need to check her/his contract to see what it states about inability to get into work; if there is a clause on the subject. Different cimpanies have different policies on this.

Sorry we can't help but welcome to the forum
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 11

Redbrock
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can you let me know the policy with this ASAP
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
No sorry, as explained above, we cannot.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Redbrock As explained in the previous posts, this is a customer forum, and nothing to do with O2 management. I suggest you use this link to speak to customer service: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus. They will be able to direct you to the appropriate address to make your enquiry.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also @Redbrock it will have to be up to your friend to sort this out as it is his job 

Message 7 of 11

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

You hit the nail on the head @Anonymous. I did wonder why the OP is chasing something that his/her friend should be dealing with. And quite honestly I doubt O2 would provide any policy information to someone not employed by them.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

I also wondered how many jobs this "colleague" has too?

But as the shop Manager has said it must be booked as a days holiday, I doubt there is going to be any change to that policy.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Speaking as someone who had a hospital appointment cancelled this morning because the ambulance couldn't get to me due to the snow I can well sympathise with the employee when you need to be somewhere but can't get there through no fault of your own. I know for a fact that the M56 was gridlocked because my son was unable to get to work. He didn't have to take it as a days holiday although he does work for the NHS.

I wonder if it had been the manager who couldn't get to the shop, would he have taken it as a days holiday? We all know the answer to that....😉

However, as this is O2  and ultimately Telefónica who knows what the company policy is. I doubt the rule makers have even seen snow😂

So, as said, that's for the staff member to take up with the HR dept. 

I couldn't possibly comment.....Whistle

Message 10 of 11