*The Game Is On*

Anonymous

Re: Scam

@Cleoriff wrote:

Who were the texts from @LPBabe?

Literally just about to ask the same 

Level 1: Joiner

This scam is still going on as I discovered today after Oxygen8 took two charges for calls from my mobile. O2 have basically said 'nothing to do with us' and given me contact details for Oxygen. As they are also unable to block this premium service provider, I will be looking for alternatives. I will also be lodging a complaint to the relevant telephon authority as I've discovered through searching around that this has been going on since 2010 at least! I think it's negligent on the part of the phone providers not to clamp down on this and allow it to continue.

Topics: 549

What happened to the 2 step verification @Martin-O2  @Marjo   @EmilieT ?

Topics: 695

@Bellas1 

When exactly did Oxygen 8 take these payments? I know you say you discovered it today but the date they took the payments may have been before O2 introduced the 2 step verification process. I'm certainly not condoning these scammers but the date may be relevant.

*The Game Is On*

I thought that too @Cleoriff although it's a good few months since the new legislation came in.

Topics: 695

[ Edited ]

@jonsie wrote:

I thought that too @Cleoriff although it's a good few months since the new legislation came in.

Yes I was looking for the info and can't find it @jonsie. I think it was May, just after I did that large guide on 'avoiding unexpected charges to your bill' in April! rolling eyes

Edit, I found it. 2 step verification from 11th May.  Guide by @Chris_K 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Charge-to-Mobile-amp-Premium-SMS-A-Community-Guide/m-p/12...

*The Game Is On*

Nicely found. If the original 'subscription' was before that then obviously the new verification won't apply.

Community Manager

Hey guys, yeah so we'd need to know the date of when the subscription first started, but you're right if it was before the verification was put in place then it would not have counted to block the subscription unfortunately. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 1: Joiner

I had my credit taken twice £15 taken £5 & £10 approx since i have never bought any credit so i only use for getting calls and have a three mobile for calling