Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam

Mike3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was offered £160 for my iPhone 7 - it had spent its life in a leather case and had a screen cover - it was literally immaculate when I returned it. A colleague laughed when told him and said o2 would email me saying there was damage and offer me much less. Having been a loyal customer since o2 started I dismissed his comments. Guess what ! Email today saying the screen is cracked and offered me £80 !!! I can’t believe it - what a disgrace !!! I phoned up to complain and the man said it want in their interest to scam me - I said it was £80 in their interest to scam me !!! Goodbye o2
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23195 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Mike3  Unfortunately, your friend was right. If you search the forum you will see that O2 Recycle do this all the time. It's despicable. No other word for it.

Do not accept their offer. Request the return of the phone and take it to CEX or sell it on eBay.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Mike3
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Bambino
Do o2 read these threads ?
Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23195 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Mike3  You're welcome. I don't think O2 monitor this site, but I will tag community admin @Martin-O2 and @EmilieT and hopefully they will reach out to you if you'd like to speak to them about this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Mike3
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks v much
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or you are better off taking it to your local o2 store if you really want to recycle with them. You will have better luck 

Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Mike3 , and sorry to hear about your recent experience with O2 Recycle. I'll make sure to pass on your comments to the team, and if you'd like I can also have someone look into this for you. I'll need a few more details so I'll send you a Private Message first. slight_smile

Thanks @Bambino  for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7