Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Services - unknown subscription

Ak47
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2 has just dropped from 100 rating to 5 in my opinion.

I have been subscribed to some unknown service which charges me £5 every week.

Called in to 02, was told it's not their fault and I have to chase my money back from the company myself.

Because I don't I have a choice, I had to chase this phantom company up and they eventually agreed to pay me back what I was charged on my bill. I had to provide them with my personal bank details which I was unhappy about - giving my banking details to a 3rd party company who accessed / phished my details via 02 service and 02 is apparently aware of this and still allow it to happen.
This is a breach of my security which I feel totally handicapped and frustrated that I have to go with it.

Nothing o2 can say to make me believe they are not complicit in this.

Then this month again I have been charged again because As your fantastic help desk personnel has said it's not your fault. Reason being the stoppage was done before this currents month new bill was produced.

so since the extra charges were not on my previous bill, the extra charges on this months bill was not available. So therefore, I have to go through the process of chasing another refund for the second consecutive month by myself.

This is extremely frustrating.

Then I have also been charged late payment fees which will be put on my credit file.

O2 and collaborators I am deeply disappointed in you. You have lost a fan
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Is this a one-off charge or a cumulative of charges?

Well @jonsie the op says they've just been charged £397.77 but that seems awfully high to me for one charge. They're usually £4 plus change per week. I wonder if it's cumulative and they've just noticed. If not, this is totally different to the scams we normally see.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 11 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 12 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Either way, it's a hell of a lot of money to go unnoticed out of an account? Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess it could also be a full payment for a terminated account too?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 17

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I guess it could also be a full payment for a terminated account too?

There's a thought....

Message 15 of 17

BlasterDawg
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
And yes, do you think that O2 doesn't make money on the scams? It is just a pass through? No way. They would shut theses down immediately otherwise.
Message 16 of 17

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We know they take 30%
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 17