Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam ‭0330 303 5293‬

Karis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do not answer this number! They rang me pretending to be 02, very convincing. They nearly emptied my account. Wanted my card details to change my contract. It was only then I realised something wasn’t right. I hung up and rang 02 and asked them if they knew of the number and they said this number has been scamming other people! Warn others of this number. Never give card/account details over phone.

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Karis
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve also read about people who have had £100s taken out of their account by this number 😞 hope 02 does something about this.
Message 2 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Thanks for the warning although similar numbers have been reported before. We always advise people to block these numbers.

Message 3 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions
Message 4 of 22

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, bumping this topic a bit as I just got some new information - after further checking I got confirmation that this number is actually a genuine O2 number for outbound sales, and a new one, which is probably the reason it was not picked up on as O2 by customer service unfortunately when you called at the time @Karis

Message 5 of 22

Karis
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve seen threads where people report having money stolen out of their accounts after being contacted by this number. Is it mandatory 02 ask for your account number, sort code and all card number details? And they were unable to tell me if my 02 password (the one which 02 always ask for) when ringing was correct?
Message 6 of 22

Karis
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Also, when I rang 02 to confirm if this number was legit, they said it is a scam as people have reported fraud to them regarding this number.
Message 7 of 22

DJK72
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have spoken to 02 and they have confirmed that this is a number that is used and comes from 3rd parties such as carphone warehouse

Message 8 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

My advice would remain the same. Never ever take out a contract from a cold call.

You will probably end up on a business contract which is the last thing personal use customers want or need.

Also, with some of these so called 'trusted partners', there is no 14 day cooling off period. Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 22

Bushby
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This number calls at least once a day I never answer and they never leave a message, I would block but do not know how to but frustrating, Do not answer these types of call I do not trust anynumbers that I do not prior know, then check then online see if are legitimate

Message 10 of 22